“Consistently a great dining experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gathemann

Gathemann
Ranked #2 of 126 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Johannesburg
“Consistently a great dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've dined at Gathemann's many times over the years and it's consistently excellent. They have a great wine list (Stony Brook 2009 "The Max") is a wonderful compliment to any of their game or beef dishes. They are situated in a classic row of historic buildings and you can either eat inside or a leafy balcony. Well worth a visit for lunch or dinner

• Visited October 2013

Oegstgeest
“Game lovers' paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

This German-looking restaurant is placed very conveniently in the heart of Windhoek. The food we had (a mixed grill of three types of game) was excellent, but overwhelming in taste as well as quantity. The South African wine that was offerd was of high quality. Prices were absolutely reasonable for what was offered. Service was of high standard.

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Very pleasant place to dine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My travelling companion and I dined here (on the recommendation of a local business person whom we had met on safari) for our last night in Namibia. Our guest house had booked us a table earlier in the day. We were delighted with this upmarket restaurant and the food. Service was a little slow but we were not in a hurry and were seated out on the balcony on a beautiful balmy night and it was most relaxing. I would highly recommend this place for fine dining.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Windhoek, Namibia
“No take aways????”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Extremely unhappy about the service at Gathemann. I went there to get a take-awy to have at my hotel because I had a busy work schedule ahead, I was told that they will only serve me if I sit down. I begged and pleaded because it was the closes restaurant to my hotel but they refuse. They said management does not allow take-aways and they do not have take-away containers. The waitress was extremely rude and I will not recomment anyone to visit this place at all.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank Iyaloo27
Washington
“Happy to come back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited in winter time: quiet and relaxing, on the lovely terrasse, and were so surprised with the quality and excellence of service- later on we learned about the history and continous quality over the years from our Namibian friends! and now we are so happy to come back again! with several opportunities to experience lunchs and dinners...our mouths are already watering..;)) -

• Visited October 2012