“insert your own "nice" pun”

Namibia Institute of Culinary Education
Ranked #4 of 129 Restaurants in Windhoek
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: the Namibian institute of culinary education (nice) is a restaurant and bar with a subtle sophisticated boutique atmosphere, modern yet stylish and comfortable. Besides being a commercial restaurant and functions venue, nice also serves as an active training ground for trainees honing their skills in the culinary arts and food & beverage service.
London, United Kingdom
“insert your own "nice" pun”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

After almost 6 months in Africa, Nice was a refreshing, lovely place, pleasant staff, good value all round. Liked it a lot.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank wonderstevie
officemd, officemd at Namibia Institute of Culinary Education, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest
We're pleased you had a good time - thanks for telling all on Trip Advisor. Please visit us again when next in Windhoek.

“Standard has dropped”
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We used to love having dinner at Nice, but what a let down our last visit was! First, two different champagnes I wanted to order were not chilled, so I had to go with a third option. My soup came without bacon (which is clearly stated on the menu), the waitress explained that she told the chef but he chose to send it out like that to me anyway. My main course had a potato rosti, which was raw - I didn't even bother telling the waitress and just ate the fish (the waitress laughed and told me "Heres your small fish"). My dessert was so lack luster that we went elsewhere to have dessert. To top it off, the lady in charge told us we don't have to come back when we complained to her. So yes, we won't be back anytime soon.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Guest
Please accept our sincere apologies for your poor experience. What you describe is not acceptable, and will be investigated. I have emailed you directly through TA, asking for additional details, so that Management can investigate what went wrong.
We appreciate your critical feedback, and realize that there is still 'work to do' to reach our goal of consistency in food quality and service. We welcome feedback on any future visits you undertake, either as a host or as a guest.
Sydney, Australia
“Nice by name...”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

...Nice by experience. This is a really stylish place, that is also the base for the Namibian Institute of Culinary Education. Great decor, really great photography of the students (in full uniform) our in thedunes of the desert), a varied and pretty good menu (hint: the bar menu has some cheaper options that are also good quality). A cut above most places but not as expensive as it looks.

Visited April 2013
dear guest
thank you for your visit - we are delighted that you and your wife enjoyed yourselves. we wish you many happy returns to nice.
kind regards, alison
Okahandja
“What a NICE place..”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

When i took my wife to dinner, she asked me where are we going.. I said to her..." we are going to a NICE place" Big was her surprise when we arrived at NICE and the place were very NICE. We had the best food and enjoyed a great bottle of wine from a wine list to die for.

Visited November 2012
officemd, officemd at Namibia Institute of Culinary Education, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Guest
We appreciate your review, and support - wishing you many happy returns to nice.
Stellenbosch, Western Cape, South Africa
“Could be better...”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The welcoming and service was average, could make more of an effort of making guests feel welcome. When it came to ordering drink, the waitress barely knew what they had on the menu or what was in stock. I know NICE is a training facility, but that gives them no excuse to serve food that is not up to standard. We ordered sushi for our mains and it was not appetizing at all. Due to the fact that I am wheat intolerant, I could not order dessert because there was nothing that I could eat on the menu and did not want fruit salad and ice-cream that I could have at any other restaurant. My sister ordered the cheesecake, which was severely over baked and had the texture of rubber. Being a chef myself I know it’s difficult to cater to people with food allergies and intolerances, but it would be nice to be able to enjoy a meal where there are dishes that cater to such people.

• Visited April 2013
Dear Guest
Many thanks for your detailed feedback after your visit to nice. Our permanent staff and trainees should all know their menu selection, so it is disappointing to note that the waitress was below par (another reminder for training and follow-up). We apologize that the sushi was not appetizing, as our chef is long-serving and experienced - this feedback will be given to him. We have had problems with an oven, and your cheesecake could be a result of this - all sorted now. Our focus is to offer a range for vegetarian and non-vegetarian guests, however we have not focussed on food intolerances - this is an opportunity for our Head Chef to consider. Your feedback has given us lots to work on, as we really would like to achieve quality consistency throughout.