“A favorite venue”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

In Accra, Ghana I found the perfect Sunday afternoon Indian go to place to rest enjoy good food and service. Now that I live in Maputo Moksha has achieved that same distinction for me. The food is always above average, tending to perfect. The ambiance perfect. Try their Kulfi - Not ALWAYS on the menu but a real treat. Another added benefit is that in a city of really bad, surly and careless serves from most establishments I have been to Moksha team really are always welcoming and attentive - They GET the expats need for a warm greeting and open arm welcome to their work place. It seems to improve the food! They are currently boarded up for a refurb but only to enhance the venue. My last meal there they assured me an opening by middle July (2014) Latest. The options on Trip Advisor only allow us to choose ONE option of type of outing - I chose SOLO but I have also hosted a work dinner there and it was well received.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Moksha is small Iindian restaurant which serves typical North Indian food, My favourite is Tandoori Chicken and their spicy Chilli Fritters(Bhajias). The food is customised as per the request . The Bar is also small but good.

In recent weeks the menu has been revamped and currently restaurant is closed for renovation.

Overall a good place, calm ambiance, good food and not so heavy on the pocket.

The dips they keep on the table green, chilly and tamarind chutney are very tasty and you can keep out linking your fingers after tasting this.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have eaten here more than once and every time I was disappointed. The owners are extremely greedy and tries all tricks to make the food less costly and cheap. I ordered Black Dal which was extremely diluted and thin and only gravy without actual pulses. The rotis were much smaller than standard sizes, extra cost for pickles and onions, Kadhai paneer devoid of paneer and only filled with tomato gravy. The atmosphere is very gloomy with fake smile on the face of manager which you can make out easily. Please do not go there to waste your time and money. Khana Khazana which is few blocks away offers much better standard of food although the ambiance is not that great also.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my meal here; the service was very good and I did really enjoy my vegetable samosa starter, much more authentic than many, my main course was pretty good too although a bit "thinner" in consistency than I would have liked. Beware the chili dip from the condiment tray... It is pretty hot!! (But pleasant too!!)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We've been coming here many times and I can say that this is the finest Indian restaurant in Maputo with very appetizing meals and entrees. Most entrees are consistent and flavors are rich. Must tries are the chettinads and anything that is clay oven baked (chicken tikka etc.). The menu is quite extensive and priced similar to other restaurants in Maputo (slightly on the higher side).