Pestana Rovuma
$209
$155
$124
Travelocity
All reviewsdecent sizenice hotel for businesswifi is freecity hotelthe hotel managerwonderful hotelrooms are cleancathedralmozambiquebalconieslampsafes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here twice on my last trip, the first was just for 1 night and it seemed OK. On my return I encountered so many problems, getting in at 11 at night to find that my executive suite was now a small back room with a tiny window, broken and falling off curtain, and broken lightbulbs, I encountered monumental problems trying to get changed, finally given another room which was worse! At about 12.30 that night was finally given the room I had paid for! The bellboy has SERIOUS attitude problems! the front desk surly and very rude, there were only 2 staff at the desk during my stay who grasped the concept of "hospitality". In general the hotel is pretty run down, but in Mozambique this is a bit of a problem most places.
The position is good and if you are there on a Sunday pop into the cathedral next door to hear the church congregation singing.

Room Tip: Insist you get the room you paid for.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sammytina
VascoManhica, Gerente geral at Pestana Rovuma, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Dear Valuable Guest,
Firstly thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is through guests such as yourself that we are able to rectify our mistakes and put procedures in place to ensure that we maintain an excellent service to our guests.
We understand fully the fact that your stay was not the great one, we truly apologise.
We are greatly appreciate your comments and we sincerely once again apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I reached the hotel late evening and was greeted by excellent staff. However, there was some mix-up & confusion about me hotel booking (I had booked online) and there was quite a delay before I got checked in.
The corridors were a bit eerie & poorly lit, but the room was lovely. I had a suite for the cost of a double room which was excellent. Very big & spacious. The view outside was magnificent. Just outside my room was a beautiful cathedral and a little away was a lovely govt. building.
I was a bit weary to venture outside the hotel after sunset, because the roads looked deserted & dimly lit. During the day, I found that the hotel was pretty much within walking distance from town.
The breakfast was excellent with a wide range of foods and good to keep you going for a good part of the day. I felt the dinner buffet was overpriced, but at least it was tasty.
The staff was bright & very helpful. I certainly recommend this hotel to travellers to Maputo.

Room Tip: Chooe a room facing the cathedral (Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception).
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valuable Guest
Thank you for visiting the Pestana Rovuma Hotel, and for taking the time to complete our guest survey which was highly appreciated.
We were all very happy to learn that you found the hotel's facilities and services satisfactory. Your kind comments have been shared with all the staff members. It is through guest feedback such as yours that we are able to confirm our strong points as well as identify any area that may require improvement. As a hotel we make a conscious effort to always improve our guests experience at the hotel particularly focusing on customer care.
Kindest regards,
Vasco Manhica - General Manager

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been visiting Maputo for about 7 years now for business and have stayed in quite a few hotels as well as bed & breakfast places. Make no mistake, Mozambique accomodation is overpriced compared to South Africa, but I was pleasently surprised with the value received from this hotel, compared to the other places I have stayed at.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean.
Breakfast was better than what some of the five star hotels in the area offer.
Parking is a problem, but where isn't?
Definately will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valuable Guest
Kindest regards,
Vasco Manhica - General Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This venue is well positioned, basically central maputo, this serves any person travelling on Business, however if you are travelling for pleasure, then I would suggest you go for a hotel on the Beach. The staff knew basic english, and communication was difficult, however they made up for this with enthusiasm. I was helped with every step, we were even escorted to the shopping centre to purchase sim cards. There is a small shopping complex on site. The breakfast was sub standard and the range was small. This can be vamped up, the view of Maputo is beautiful, pictures to follow soon. The elevator and overall decor leaves a bit to be desired, the room itself was spacious and neat. A good trip. An average hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, facing the Church. The view is beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear valuable Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Pestana Rovuma Hotel and taking the time to write about our service and experience. We take every comment very seriously and whether positive or negative we are greatly appreciate and we always aim to improve.
It was an enormous pleasure having you as our Guest and to being of service. We look forward to your next visit which we hope will be soon, as we would like to offer you more ‘Memorable Moments’

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was great.. Considering it is an old building and an old location, the new rooms overlooking the cathedral are lovely. Yes, if you are expecting five star comfort...give it a miss, it is an old hotel (and not in the 'nice' historic sense) like...oopps 70's again..so no modern fittings etc. however, it was clean and the view over the city was glorious!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends