“A pleasant surprise.”

Ranked #3 of 42 Maputo B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

They really ought to change the name of this hotel. When I told the name of the place where my room was reserved, I feared I'd enter but never leave. Instead it turned out to be a clean, quality, comfortable, friendly place at a far lower price relative to the usual suspects I usually stay at (Cardoso, Avenida, Southern Sun). It is more low key and relaxed, has internet (though I had trouble getting it to connect in-room). They are currently renovating so some of the decorative niceties are on hold, but critical facilities are all there. Thumbs up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 730108Traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was here for two stays, with a couple of days in between. The first time my colleague and I had seperate bedrooms which were on the ground flour. Clean, basic, airco, unsecured wifi (closer to reception there is secured). Renovation still continuing by the way. Second time the hotel could not offer us seperate rooms, and instead gave us the suite. Since we're both female that wasn't a problem, and the suite -located on the 2nd floor- is more comfortable and has already been upgraded. It costed less this way as well. Renovation however starts early in the morning, so if you would like to go there with a romantic theme in mind, I would wait a while until renovations are done...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Martine V
Bicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have to start by saying that when I visited Terminus last week, they were going through some renovations. Despite this fact, I found my stay at the hotel quite comfortable. The room was big enough, clean, with a nice window and the connection to internet was as good as you will get in Maputo. In addition to that, the bed was excellent. Terminus has also a nice terrace outside, and very large pool garden with an English-style pub. Breakfast was simply ok - not a lot of variety, to be honest, but the fruit was fresh and abundant. The staff was ok - neither too good or too bad.

The best thing about Terminus is its location. There are plenty of restaurants in a radius of a couple of blocks and the area is very safe. If you are working in Maputo, as I was, you can get a taxi and be in five-ten minutes in the Baixa or the central area. If you have meetings in the Julius Nyerere or the area of the embassies you can also be there in five minutes. I am coming back to Maputo at the end of October and I will definitely come back to the Terminus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mateo C
Cape Town
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel has a good location. The hotel is kind of old fashion and nothing special. Staff was friendly. Expensive ( as most hotels in Maputo), and the ground floor rooms need to be upgraded.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amanda031CapeTown
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed October 19, 2011

The hotel is in the avenues & within walking distance of restaurants and bars. It has a relaxed atmosphere with freindly, efficient staff. The one dinner I had there was excellent and the breakfasts were good. There were some renovations going on at the hotel which when finished will add to the hotel. Overall, a pleasant stay at affordable rates. A good alternative to some of the more expensive "business" hotels in Maputo.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank trevor066
SW London
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The staff at Hotel Terminus are lovley, and the rooms are great - roomy, clean and well decorated. It is situated on a peaceful street just off the main road. Breakfast was very tasty and the waiters were attentive and friendly. We were able to park our car in the locked parking area and turned up with a suspected flat tyre. The tyre was completely flat by the morning. We spoke to the manager (who speaks very good English) and before we could ask if there was any chance someone could help us changing it, we had a team of 4 men fixing it for us - and were ready to go by the time we had finished breakfast! Such a relief! We would definitely stay here again, and would highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends