“Great B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maputo
Duqueza de Connaught Guesthouse
Ranked #20 of 41 Maputo B&B and Inns
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Great B&B!”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Wonderful location and beautiful accommodations. A place where you can enjoy while staying in Maputo. Clean, spacious and nice room (stylish). Good breakfast too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Harare
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Chipo Zim

We stayed at this B & B over the Dec 2011 holiday and we are grateful we found the place. Denise was ever soo helpful and accomodating. Although English is an issue the staff were friendly and did their best to communicate and explain things to us. The place is clean, well maintained and quiet. Breakfast is good and it is central to a lot of the activities in Maputo. We travelled as girls only so security was a real issue for us. The place is very safe. When I do return to Maputo i will def call on this B& B again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Great location and beautiful accommodations. We did however think it was a bit pricey and that the staff could have been a bit more helpful/available. Perhaps it was a language barrier but the girl at the reception didn't seem too keen on trying to answer our questions and we felt like we were bothering her. All in all it was a nice, clean, quiet and safe place to stay and we would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I agree with the other reviews that this B & B is in a great location and the room was really nice with a canopied bed and a balcony. The lobby area is beautiful. My issue is with the service (or should I say lack of service). The lady I'd been communicating with didn't stay on-site and would show up now and then. I wanted to book some local tours and get an idea of what activities there were. The lady at reception pretty well ignored me. No one spoke English and my attempts at communication got me nowhere. They called the owner who showed up briefly in the evening to help me out. I accept that you can't always expect English speaking people in Africa but....this is a tourist B & B. I've stayed at places all over the world and this was the worse service I've had. The other negative is the price - pretty expensive.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sanspen
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Its not easy to find a good accommodation in Maputo. This place was a pleasant surprise with reasonable price. Breakfast is nice too, even though if you dont speak portuguese you dont always get what you want! Internet a bit pricy!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Cape Town
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I must after driving to Maputo via Matola i did not know what to expect but i have to tell you i thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Duqueza. In fact one of my best nights in Maputo was in the hotel. Friendly staff. Great rooms and right on the doorstep of a busy julius Nyerere. The big balcony in my room overlooking the street was awesome with some 2M. I loved it my lady loved it and i would definitely recommend it. Ask for room 2 if you can. Obrigado!!!

Room Tip: Room 2 i tell you. If they put two chairs and a braai stand on that balcony you have a 100% winner.