“A very quite, clean and cheap place. The staff are very polite, helpful and friendly. It is just a home away from home.”

The Quiet Corner Guest House
Ranked #11 of 41 Maputo B&B and Inns
abuja
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was there for three days in May 2011 to attend a conference on Africa's Hydro Resources . I was able to make contact with the Director via e-mail from Nigeria and he arranged a pick up vehicle right from the airport and also made arrangement for our transportation throughout our three days.

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

A bit of a hidden oasis!! I stayed here on my last night in Mozambique - small, quiet, clean and nicely furnished. Much better value than the other guesthouse I'd stayed at previously. The staff couldn't be more helpful - from picking us up, taking bags to our rooms, giving directions, booking transport...nothing was too much trouble. It's not in the most central spot in Maputo but is a cheap cab ride to the shopping/restaurants etc.. Oh, and free wifi (that actually works!) Lovely.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2011

I am a frequent traveler. My concern has always been finding a place where I can find some comfort, peace, hygiene, security, friendly staff, accessibility to transport, reasonable price, and a place to eat and shop. In Maputo, Mozambique, I found everything in Quiet Corner Guest House. Not just 2 or 3 of my criteria but all of the above, so to speak. Upon arrival at the airport end January this year (2011), a tall, white, English-speaking guy named Andrea helped me with my luggage and drove me to the Guest House. He turned out to be the owner of the guest house and he’s Italian.

I stayed in the Guest House for over two months enjoying fresh towels and bed sheets every so often and everything you normally find in an expensive hotel but without the intimidating formal atmosphere. I particularly liked the home atmosphere, the staff and guard that I could have conversation with and the couple-owners who were so concerned about our comfort and needs. I have never seen Guest House owners as kind and as friendly like them. If I wanted authentic pizza, they served it right in the kitchen which was always open for guests for free breakfast or coffee anytime or for own cooking. Next time I visit Maputo, no more searching, no more asking, no more surfing the internet. It’s definitely Quiet Corner Guest House. Henry Ruiz

Room Tip: The room at the back is more quite with good view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Laramie, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2011

My colleague and I stayed for three nights at the Quiet Corner Guest House. The rooms and bathrooms were comfortable and very clean. The neighborhood was quiet and conveniently located. The only complaint I had was that the breakfast wasn't that great. Other than that I would highly recommend the Quiet Corner Guest House.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business