“Reputation well deserved!”
Review of Zambi

Zambi
Ranked #4 of 181 Restaurants in Maputo
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Conveniently located in Maputo's C.B.D district , Zambi is picturesquely located overlooking the Maputo bay with an amazing view of Catembe. Zambi is a Restaurante that excels in the culinary art of preparing local fresh seafood, top grade aged meat and an already famous Nikkei sushi.
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Arrived to find a very modern type building with large dining areas outside with fantastic huge trees in the courtyard. To top it off, the view from the restaurant was directly out into the Indian Ocean, so far so good. I turned up on the eve of Independence day without a booking, looking for a table for one, on a busy night. I was told by a manager (very politely and professionally) that there would be a 10 minute wait, which was perfectly reasonable under the circumstances, I had been worried about being turned away! I volunteered to sit at an outside table and have a drink whilst I waited. It was a pleasant night but only with a jacket on, hence the request for an inside table. I opted to stay outside and the waiter was there quickly to take my drink order. He was happy to serve me outside and I asked that he inform the manager who was preparing a table. The manager did come out within the 10 mins to let me know that the table was still available should I want it. I went for the Garlic Prawns, 300g Fillet Steak and the Cashew Nut tart with Amarula Ice Cream. I requested the steak medium to well done and it was perfect. All in all the food was as good as it gets, with service to match. If there was a point rather than a criticism, it was the "chips". In the UK we call what was presented as "crisps". That said, after 3 courses, I was just getting past the point of comfortably "full". Had it been a heavier potato dish I may well have gone past that point and felt bloated, so well done again. The prices were only a little up on many of the other restaurants but the quality of food, surroundings and service was much higher. A thoroughly enjoyable experience and an excellent meal too.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Zambi is a great restaurant. The food is great and the service impeccable. My 5th visit and definitely not my last.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This restaurant is known for up-scale, offering very good food. The restaurant is facing the waterfront, offering very nice view. Services are good. However, the prices are quite pricey.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a great meal here. They gave us a full selection of starters and then mains. I like eating, so I did not mind that hey kept coming with new dishes. There might be a different names for the prawns, but otherwise they were the biggest king prawns I have ever seen! Sublime. I also liked the beef, cooked to perfection. The desserts were nice as well. I had some of the local draught beers , 2M, which is very tasteful. The wine list is also very good: we had a great red wine! Very relaxed and quite busy.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Nice restaurant, very clean and quality food. The best seafood around town. Must try prawns and garlic bread with cheese.