“Slow service, ok food”
Review of Cristal - CLOSED

Cristal
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lisbon
“Slow service, ok food”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had a shellfish rice, it was good but not exactly impressive. Service was very slow. The space is a bit noisy.

• Visited September 2012

Bangkok, Thailand
“Fantastic crab!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had dinner with friends, we all had crab and it was simply delicious!!We also ordered a "arroz con garoupa" which was also fantastic.The service was fast and the price very good.

Maputo
“Rude service! Very disappointed”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A group of friends and I decided to grab dinner at Cristal, after hearing how good the seafood rice was. When we arrived, we needed a bigger table to sit 7 of us. So the waiters began to put two tables together. All was good and we were about to sit when the manager arrived shouting at the waiters for putting the tables together, and telling us that we could not be sited, as it is restaurant policy not to join tables. Confused about this mans rudeness, we quietly left. There was no apology or attempt to find a solution for all 7 people to sit together. What a terrible impression! If you want to go to Cristal, it looks like you cant be more than 4 people (as table only sits so many)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank livinginmoz
Bicester, United Kingdom
“As good as some of the best restaurants in Lisbon”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The first night I was in Maputo I went to Cristal because it was very close to my hotel. So much I liked it that I returned every single night - five in total.

I have to say that I love Portuguese food and that I often go to Lisbon - well, Cristal is as good as some of the best restaurants that you can find in the capital of Portugal. The food is, of course, typically Portuguese. I had grilled octopus a couple of nights, grilled tiger prawns and rice with seafod. Simply delicious. The price is absolutely reasonable. And the service is fantastic. The second night, the owner recognized me from the previous night and came to greet me when he saw me - the rest of the nights it was the same. Staff is nice and friendly. The restaurant is usually very busy, specially for dinner (a sign of how good food is), but I didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes any night. They also have a bakery, where they serve some of the best Pasteis de Belem (pasteis de nata) that I have tasted ever. So, an absolutely MUST if you are in Maputo and want to try good Portuguese food.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Welcome to 1950!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The food here is actually quite good, but the service, and the decor is absolutely odd. Everything is set in glowing (and very camp!) art deco. There is even a large bar area reserved for men who sit alone at the counter. Perhaps worth popping by to see what Colonial Maputo must have looked like back in the Portuguese days!

1 Thank Ruud V