“Good but slow service”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is my second visit, the 2 visits we have been here it was on a Sunday, it`s always crowded on this day, advisable to make a reservation, if not the wait is too long. Once seated the Dim Sum's come fast, however the drinks takes ages to come.
Oveall taste of dim sums are good

There are newer reviews for Grand Ocean City

Reviewed May 5, 2011

This is a very good restaurant serving very good food. It is really well located at the waterfront and has a very nice view. Lunch/Dinner menu are very good though a little bit pricy, but still worth it.

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Very large restaurant that seems to live on either it's past reputation or it's buffet lunch specials. Food was average for what is a relatively premium restaurant by local standards.

Reviewed April 21, 2010

We stayed at Labourdonnais Hotel on the Waterfront in Port Louis (great place a fantastic bar!). We wanted a change of scenery from the French food there and we were advised to go to the Grand Ocean restaurant nearby. This was such a find !

To start with it was next door to our hotel (so convenient) and had also a lovely view over the sea. It is not a touristy place but a place where you feel Mauritians come to enjoy great food at a good price but it is quite smart. Food was really wonderful and we particularly liked the seafood and the dim sum. The restaurant also has a great wine list (with a lot of French wine). Service was friendly and efficient. Actually, we went back a second time for dinner later in the week and we loved the hot pot!

B

Reviewed November 4, 2009

I had a great time at the Grand Ocean. I love chinese food and was not disappointed. I go to lots of chinese restaurant in London and this is the best I've been to. The food is first class, especially the dim sum I must say. The place is modern and recently renovated. The staff was really friendly. My husband and I had a really lovely dinner. It is situated in a very convenient place of the Caudan in Port Louis with a nice view on the port (depending where you are sitting). It is also lovely to walk around after dinner/lunch and look at the shops. I would really recommend this place.