“Best services” 5 of 5 bubbles

Le Suffren Hotel & Marina
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Port Louis
“Best services”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I came to Port Louis in may I stay in Le Suffren hotel 1st time and find out this is one of the best services hotel I ever stay staff is very nice and friendly restaurant Manager Mr. Ediaz and his staff is very friendly Mr. Ediaz goes out of his way to make me comfftiable he and his staff treat me like a familly member in 2 month stay I did not miss my home his services is always with smile and fast. From now on this will be the place I stay thanks to all the staff members and specialy Mr. Ediaz from botem of my hart.

Rehan Barlas Room 128

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rehan B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Mauritius
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I've been complaining to different staff about the guys next door been smoking cigars and cigarettes (and possibly something else too who knows) for couple weeks now. The heavy second hand smoke comes in to my room thru ventilator everyday and I have been hiding myself in bathroom or forced to go out. the managers did not do anything to help but instead asked if I have burned something myself and also said all guests *should* know they are not allowed to smoke when i asked them to warn my neighbor. I have been feeling sick and dizzy and headache all the time since I took in too much second hand smoke. they are not doing anything to help. I stay here long enough to know unhave to keep chasing and proofing yourself to convince/beg for someone's help. Gosh help yourself find elsewhere to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank A C
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I did not actually stay at this hotel but being in Mauritius for one week holiday we went to Port Louis to meet a friend who was staying at Le Suffren on business. We arrived at around 6 pm on a Friday night when the Happy Hour was going on. I ordered a rum cocktail and my husband had a beer. Service not nice at all, though drinks came quick. Waiters rude, not smiling, kind of a cheap lively atmosphere, people being there just to get drunk. The night's theme was 'Christmas in July' and there was a Christmas Tree and the waiters wearing Santa' s fur caps. Nice location though.

• Stayed July 2012
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I always go to the Suffren hotel when I come to Maurice. The quality/service is good for the price. The employees are great and know on how to keep customers happy, especially at the bar “on the rocks” with always a TOP service and smiley team.
I feel good there, there is a nice atmosphere, like at home...it is for this reason that I come to this hotel every month.
Sonia D

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Le Suffren Hotel is the perfect business hotel, just a short, free boat ride from the city.
The outside bar area is a perfect spot to chill during the week and turns into a lively entertainment venue on weekends, with great cocktails and performances by Joao the bar flairist.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JanineC
Port Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

Le Suffren is conveniently located, however, I was really disappointed with the food served for dinner at Le Boussole restauarant. It's overpriced and the quality is not good as well. I would recommend travellers to catch the water taxi and go to Le Caudan Waterfront for their meals (go there early before it gets dark so that you won't lose your directions). There is a wide variety of restaurants from Chinese to Indian and you won't be disappointed. There were not even a room service menu in the rooms and when you called to ask for one, they never came to bring one. I had to walk to La Boussole restaurant and ask to see the menu...the manager promised to send a room menu to my room, but, never did...Very poor service...

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank chinyou
St. Georges Caye
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Like many other reviewers, I stayed here on business. I stayed for one night only. Having a lot of work to catch up on I needed wireless in my room. The room rate was expensive but the reasonably high standard of the hotel and its location made this OK. However what was totally unacceptable was the larcenous price charged for internet access in a "Business" hotel. It amounted to 24% of the already hefty room charge per 24 hours. It was pretty slow and required a fresh log in about every 20 minutes. Also, the "Business Center" has no printer or scanner. Be warned, so you do not get a fright when you check out.

If it was not for the above, which has probably clouded my judgement, the hotel is ideal, and is one of the few places I have stayed on business where I am sure my significant other would enjoy a few days stay. The location is picturesque and sitting on the terraces watching the activities in the harbour and marina is very pleasant.

My room was spacious, clean and comfortable.
The room had a locked mini-bar. They key I was given when I checked in could not open it so I never got inside it. On reflection, this may have been a good thing! The in room coffee service, much vaunted when checking, in turned out to be nothing more than an electric kettle and a sachet of instant coffee powder. The coffee selection in the restaurant and bar were the real McCoy however. Tasty and got the pulse rate up very nicely.
The service I experienced from all hotel personnel I encountered was efficient and cheerful.
I had a few drinks at the bar and a meal in the restaurant. All very good and the surroundings were really nice. I found the service in the bar and restaurant was friendly and speedy, however it was a Tuesday evening and pretty quiet.
Breakfast was included in my room rate and was also very good. A standard buffet with a good selection including some interesting items such as smoked marlin and hot dishes cooked to order.

If not for the first paragraph of this review, I would have given this hotel a much higher rating. I discovered when I moved across the island that for about US$10/day, one can rent a “dongle” from a local telecom company which gives you pretty good high speed internet wherever your laptop may be. Armed with one of these, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#5 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,848 reviews

Been to Le Suffren Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!