“The food is delicious, the atmosphere is great!”
Review of San Toro

San Toro
Ranked #12 of 69 Restaurants in Bamako
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: San Toro is a well known restaurant in the center of Bamako with 20 years of history. Koffi Annan and the current King of The Netherlands are well known visitors. The food and the characteristic decoration are traditional African. The grilled fish and meat have an excellent reputation like the delicious local juices. The large garden and paillote offer excellent opportunities for meetings and seminars. Alcohol is not served.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was at the San Toro after the renovation and it was a wonderful experience.
The place is really very beautiful and authentic. The cora player is just amazing.
And last, but not least, I ordered fish, (poisson braisé) and it was delicious, one of the best I have ever had.
This is a pleasure that one would always want to share with friends and family...

Moussa Fofana

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Kees-Jan V, General Manager at San Toro, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Moussa, Thanks a lot for your review. Thanks to you and all the other people that have written wonderfull reviews, the San Toro has become the first restaurant in Bamako! We will do all we can to keep up the good work, to improve and to serve you even better in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I visited before the crisis and it was wondeful. One of the many reasons I would like to see Mali and its great people back on their feet is to be able to go back and enjoy San Toro. Deserves all the praise on this page.

Dear Pedritissimo, we hope and pray that everyone in Mali understands that only peace can bring back stability in this country. We all want this. And if this can bring back the tourists to Mali and the clients to San Toro.......

Thanks for you review

Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you have just one evening in Bamako, I'd say eat at San Toro. The restaurant has been closed for some time due to the Malian crisis, it has recently reopened after renovation to a great effect. The best thing about it is the authentic Malian/West African food, the decor, and the soft live Kora music. This will give you that feeling you've actually been to Mali.

The decor is elegant Malian themed: soft browns and tans, wood, fine local artists. The live Kora music gives that extra touch. I had the grilled carp which was delicious. The sauteed fresh vegetables were just right: a little crisp, not overly cooked. I had a delicious Ginger/Bissap juice combo. (Remember just as in most Malian households there is no alcohol so have your bit before or go get a drink after.) My colleauge had the lamb with peanut sauce which he enjoyed.

Hope you enjoy!

1  Thank ClintWorldWide
Kees-Jan V, General Manager at San Toro, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Clint. I appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We are very pleased that the decoration and food pleased you. Please check out the new Star fruit drink that we have prepared this month for our customers.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The food at San Toro was amazing the services was so quick and add for that the manager and staff are very nice and make you feel like you are at home honestly, i went there many times i really enjoyed the atmosphere for the restaurant, and sure i will go more and more is my favourite restaurant in mali..

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Hazio B

Dear Hassan,
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate that clients express themselves and tell us what they liked and what we can improve. Please check out our culinary discovery of October : star fruit juice. Home made like all our other juices.

Warm greetings,

Kees-Jan

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have been advised by my colleagues to dine at this restaurant, and it exceeded my expectations. Beautiful heaven of peace in the buzzing city of Bamako. Good local juices, wonderful seafood and grilled chicken. The prices are very reasonable . Keep up the good work San Toro!!!!.

Kees-Jan V, General Manager at San Toro, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Dear Simone. Thanks a lot for you enthusiastic review of our restaurant. Please check out some of our new dishes and the delicious star fruit drink ( jus de carambola), also home made of cause. Hope to see you soon in San Toro. Greetings