“A visit to Bamako”

Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Bamako
Roanoke, Virginia
“A visit to Bamako”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Overall a nice hotel. It is not Beverly Hills 5-star but it is ideal for where it is.
Staff are friendly, service is good, breakfast is great (coffee will be slow to the Americans distress). It is a fair distance from the airport but they can get you a cab easy enough.
Difficult thing was the WiFi, worked fine for the laptop but for the Android it was tricky. Took me a while to figure that out. Check the Wifi reception in your room on the first night, some of our group had great reception, others had zero the whole time they were there and were miserable.
Learn to speak a few words of the local language and see the people smile and come alive to you.
I enjoyed it, I look forward to another visit.

Room Tip: Check the AC is functional and also run the shower to ensure you get hot water before you unpack
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Gary E, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bamako, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Mr Richard,

I would like to thank you for taking your time posting your comments on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay with us in the Radisson Blu Bamako,

We apoligize for the inconveiniences that you lived and will work on them to assure that on your next visit we will look up to your expectations,

Looking forward greeting you again in the near future

Generale Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dunsborough, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Suleman on front desk was a pleasure to deal with; I'm afraid that's where the positives end. No shower (a bath with a handheld water head that doesn't have a wall bracket is not a shower), room service food standard was not impressive and left 9/10's of it, internet constantly dropping out, asked for transport to the airport and was told no. It was only after a call from a local work colleague that they called me back and said oh actually it's ok now. I had 4 knocks at my door within an hour, 2 of them no idea what they wanted and one woman was so unimpressed that I couldn't speak French that she looked me up and down and sneered at me like I had done something terribly wrong. For the best Bamako could get, it's far from good. I'd recommend Raddison commit some resources to training and room detail.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gary E, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bamako, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I thank you for taking your time to share your comments on Tripadvisor on your recent stay with us in the Radisson Blu Bamako and will work on your comments to improve the service we deliver,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place suffers. It suffers from the total lack of competition. In a normal functioning economy this place would have been empty. This place has one advantage: it is nicely located. Everything else is horrible. The staff is of ridiculously low quality, have no manners and are dreadfully arrogant. I came with a longstanding reservation. It took the hotel 3 hours to give me the room - I only entered it at 19:00 in the evening and I did not even get an excuse. The rooms are decent but small and terribly expensive for what you get. The cleaning could be considerably improved and why is it so difficult to get a fresh towel every day????? The food? Yes it is food. It stops there. Slow, not tasty and greatly overpriced. Of you can, stay away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay with us in the Radisson Blu Bamako and are extremely sorry what you experienced, which does not reflect the normal service we deliver to our geusts.

We will work on your comments to improve ourselves and hope to have the pleasure greeting you again in the near future

Bamako, Mali
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Congratulations to the staff of this hotel for their friendship and expertism. I was very happy to spend my Business Week end at this hotel because it is the best of Bamako and Mali hotels and very adapted for Business more than my Office or Home! There is nothing better than having a Super Breakfast with ALL products needed! Oh! the Lunch and Diner Buffets are sooo good

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Gary E, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bamako, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Mr Mrs Darebe,

I would like to thank you on my behalf and on all my Staffs behalf for having taken your time to post your comments on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay with us in the Radisson Blu Bamako,

We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward having the pleasure we hope greeting you again in the very near future,

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Feels like an airport, with high security, high prices and a nightly milling of Air France crews in the lobby bar. The rooms are fine: international, standard.
But it's badly finished and maintained. The room phone didn't work. There was no hook on the bathroom wall for the shower head and no shower curtain to stop the floor and the toilet paper hanging off the bathtub from getting wet. When the holder fell off the tub it sat on the side all week.
The pool was cloudy and shedding tiles.
Breakfast was $26, nearly a week's wages for the average Malian.
All this said, if you want the convenience and comforts of a large commercial hotel, this is the best option in Bamako.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gary E, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bamako, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Sir,

We thank you for your time posting your comments on Tripadvisor as for your recent stay with us in the Radisson Blu Bamako and are sorry for the inconveiniences you had during this stay,

We will work on your comments to up grade our services and hope to have the pleasure greeting you again in the near future,

Tunis, Tunisia
Reviewed June 5, 2014

it was a nice journey in this hotel, the room was spacious and clean, the hotel was well secured.
the pool was good and the chief did a tasted meals.
Either the staff was very helpful welcoming and gentle.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Gary E, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Bamako, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Mr Farouk,

I would like to thank you for having posted your comments on Tripadvisor and are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here in the Radisson Blu Bamako,

We look forward having the pleasure greeting you again in the near futue and please accept our gratitude,

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 days.It was ok but it is very very expensive.So if I know how much I didn't stay here at the begining. Services were not good. Services at rooms are also with cash. I didn't like this.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank umit d
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor concerning your recent stay here in the Radisson Blu Bamako,

We look forward greeting you again in the near future and wish you a very pleasant day