Kumbali Country Lodge
Pacific Hotel(Lilongwe)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Madidi Lodge(Lilongwe)
  • Breakfast included
Sunbird Capital(Lilongwe)
Logic Inn(Lilongwe)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyogurtdairy farmlarge verandalittle piece of paradisefeta cheesevery attentive staffhotel managershort drivegrounds are beautifulmosquito nettingplace to staycomfortable roomsnight's sleeplovely poolhome away from homemain buildingswimming pool
Reviewed May 21, 2013

In 2012 I flew to Lilongwe Kamuzu to stay at Kumbali, I was greeted at the Airport and was soon whisked off in the quaint old London Cab that owner Guy has in service for the lodge, on arrival I was made more than welcome to this amazingly beautiful property.

The rain was coming down hard but nothing could dampen my spirits. I was set to stay a total of 21 days in Malawi over Christmas and New Year and I was more then excited.

The lodge rooms where perfect, I was in lodge 8 with a bath, huge bed and a balcony which overlooked a beautiful lawn and the backdrop of farm land and spectacular sub Saharan greenery that is so well known in the rift valley area. Breakfast everyday was served in the main lodge and there is never a problem of selection or quality of service or food.

Guy was kind enough to take us to his property on the lake where we enjoyed a swim and a night of BBQ and beers and sleeping in beautiful shacks, then the next day a relaxing and eating fresh mango from the local area.

The delights of Christmas and New Year were only radiated by Guy & Mauren, their family, Adrian and Amy and Karl and the rest of the amazing wealth of staff who tend to your every need an want. I was lucky enough on more than one occasion to be taken out around the farmlands and into the fields, also into Lilongwe to see what Malawi really has to offer.

The Kumbali Village is an astounding place to visit to go and see live music and see some of the arts and crafts on offer.

I have a Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Business Management and have stayed in some of the worlds most prestigious resorts and hotels from The Canadian Rockies to the Plaza in New York and I can assure you that Kumbali Country Lodge is not only up there with the best but the heart of Africa and Malawi for me. What an amazing experience, and a trip for anyone full stop.

Kumbali Country Lodge is representative of leading the standard in Hospitality in Africa. You will never forget this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michael C
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have 2 kids, and they love to walk around the lodge property, play with the lodge dogs and throw frisbees in the large yard. And now there will be a pool for lodge guests! Guy and Maureen are so friendly, so open, and so accommodating. The staff are wonderful. It is a great way to leave the city behind.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MalawiOB
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am involved in Malawi's tourism industry and often find myself staying in Lilongwe for a night or two. Kumbali is a breath of fresh air after a long days shopping and traffic! Situated far enough out of town to give you the feeling of isolation yet still close enough to be convenient, Kumbali strikes the balance very well and is a wonderfully constructed lodge set in Beautiful surrounds. The lodge is owner run and the staff that Guy and Maureen have put in place are friendly, efficient and always a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend Kumbali for anyone wanting to escape the claustrophobia of the city and find a tranquil retreat from the chaos!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It was the first time that I've visited Lilongwe, and therefore the first time I've stayed at the Lodge. The surroundings are beautiful, the food is fantastic and the rooms stunning! The next time I'm in Malawi, I will defiantly stay at the Lodge again! Thank you to Guy and Maureen for their hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I have visited Lilongwe many times and every time have stayed at Kumbali Lodge. The food is excellent, the rooms are fantastic and the peace and tranquillity is unbeatable. Thank you Guy and Maureen and we hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple