“Absolutely delicious”

Ranked #32 of 77 Restaurants in Lilongwe
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Hut's, where delivering mouth-watering flavors, fresh ingredients, and exceptional service is our passion. With pride, we present the culinary pearls of fine Indian Cuisine straight out of my kitchen to your plate. Hut's has earned a name synonymous with quality food and sincere service, that won't break your bank. We're located off Kamuzu Procession Road, near Lilongwe Hotel. Call us for directions. Call to make your reservation or place an order. 0888821533 0999821533. Mon-Sat noon - 1.30pm, 6.15pm to 9.30pm. Sunday closed.
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Went with a few friends of mine and upon entering the restaurant I noticed both a husband and wife in charge. Very nice couple and were quite helpful picking out the food, started off with some prawn cocktails and their claim of having the best prawns is no lie, it was so good I wanted to have another but I didn't want to spoil the entree. From the outside it doesn't look like a big place but was very surprised at how roomy it is and the amount of seats. They even mentioned you are able to reserve the whole restaurant for a group party. Prompt service, tasty food, great atmosphere, bang for the buck, four qualities every restaurant should have. Definitly a place to visit and re-visit.

1  Thank Sam J
There are newer reviews for Huts Restaurant

Reviewed February 10, 2012

As much as I really like the cute couple that run this place and really wanted to like it, the food just isn't very good. This has easily been the oiliest Indian food I've had in Lilongwe. I literally had to siphon off the oil from the top of my tikka masala. Yuck. I'd rank it last among the options.

foodlover1900, Owner at Huts Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Hello Jonathan,

I want to start off by thanking you for your review of Huts Restaurant. I want to also acknowledge that you were not 100% satisfied with the food you had ordered. If you didn't already do so on your visit, I'd ask that you notify your server or myself (Meena) on changes you'd like to the food. On your next visit, we'd be happy to reserve you your dish - with less oil :)

Kindly,
Meena Goutam.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

My first Indian curry in this part of Africa, being from Britain I am used to great curries. The service was great, very nice owners. The food was excellent, best curry I have had since I moved to Malawi a couple of years ago. 9/10.

1  Thank r4012xtro
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Was there in December last year. Wanted some flavorful food for a change ( I love spicy food) and came across Huts - ate there thrice during my 2 day stay.

Food was excellent and the owners are nice people.

Highly Recommend.

1  Thank ArtHana10
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Food is simply amazing. I consider myself a well-traveled person, visited 5 continents, and I will admit that I've just tasted the best prawns ever. The service was top notch, ambiance delightful and very welcoming owners. Huts Restaurant was priced right, fine dining and a very moderate price.

1  Thank travelbugY2K