“Not very good” 2 of 5 bubbles

Huts Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 69 Restaurants in Lilongwe
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Hut's, where delivering mouth-watering flavors, fresh ingredients, and exceptional service is our passion. With pride, we present the culinary pearls of fine Indian Cuisine straight out of my kitchen to your plate. Hut's has earned a name synonymous with quality food and sincere service, that won't break your bank. We're located off Kamuzu Procession Road, near Lilongwe Hotel. Call us for directions. Call to make your reservation or place an order. 0888821533 0999821533. Mon-Sat noon - 1.30pm, 6.15pm to 9.30pm. Sunday closed.
Durham, North Carolina
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

As much as I really like the cute couple that run this place and really wanted to like it, the food just isn't very good. This has easily been the oiliest Indian food I've had in Lilongwe. I literally had to siphon off the oil from the top of my tikka masala. Yuck. I'd rank it last among the options.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
foodlover1900, Owner at Huts Restaurant, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Hello Jonathan,

I want to start off by thanking you for your review of Huts Restaurant. I want to also acknowledge that you were not 100% satisfied with the food you had ordered. If you didn't already do so on your visit, I'd ask that you notify your server or myself (Meena) on changes you'd like to the food. On your next visit, we'd be happy to reserve you your dish - with less oil :)

Kindly,
Meena Goutam.

London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Indian food, tasteful and excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

My first Indian curry in this part of Africa, being from Britain I am used to great curries. The service was great, very nice owners. The food was excellent, best curry I have had since I moved to Malawi a couple of years ago. 9/10.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank r4012xtro
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice decent food and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Was there in December last year. Wanted some flavorful food for a change ( I love spicy food) and came across Huts - ate there thrice during my 2 day stay.

Food was excellent and the owners are nice people.

Highly Recommend.

Visited December 2010
1 Thank ArtHana10
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prawns to die for, finger-licking good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

Food is simply amazing. I consider myself a well-traveled person, visited 5 continents, and I will admit that I've just tasted the best prawns ever. The service was top notch, ambiance delightful and very welcoming owners. Huts Restaurant was priced right, fine dining and a very moderate price.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank travelbugY2K
Washington, DC
“Good food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

The food at Huts is really good, very authentic and well done. The owners are incredibly friendly and love to chat with the customers. A great dining experience!

• Visited August 2010