“Don't go if you are a vegetarian”

Kiboko Town Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 70 Restaurants in Lilongwe
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lilongwe
“Don't go if you are a vegetarian”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

greasy pancakes or eggs will be your lot!
"exotic salad" = lettuce and tomato
good coffee though
restaurant closes at 6 in the evening
staff treat you as an inconvenience
portions small

• Visited September 2012

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Stay in a Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

The hotel is almost in the centre of Old Town, only a few minutes walk from Shoprite/Game and some of the best restaurants in town. The rooms are well appointed, small but well decorated. I've stayed here twice and on both occasions had a very pleasant stay.

Breakfast is toast with Eggs, Fruit salad and tea or coffee. If you would like a cooked breakfast then you can pay more for this. The restaurant does close at six and the bar about 8pm on weekdays. The food is lovely and there is a reasonable choice on the menu.

The staff are really helpful, pleasant and always on hand when you have questions to ask.

• Visited September 2012
Michigan
“Hotel stay a little confusing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We arrived in the middle of a football game (silly us!) and had to search for the staff member in a sea of orange at the bar, which appears to be a gathering place for ex-pat Dutch. Slept well in a nice room, but then got confused again at breakfast (Included? Not included?) and, when we went up to the safari office to leave for Zambia, they were wondering if we were even there! Apparently the Netherlands football fan hadn't written our arrival IN INK so no one knew who we were.

Actually, it was all quite African and it all worked out. The football game ended before we were ready to sleep, so noise was not a problem either, although our room overlooked the courtyard/bar.

• Visited June 2012
Lilongwe, Lilongwe, Malawi
“Nice place, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great little play ground for the kids, but very limited menu and not particularly nice food. Could do with a little creativity and a broader menu

Visited September 2011
bristol, united kingdom
“Would stay here again if the customer service improved.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is really nice; clean rooms, nice atmosphere and it's set back far enough from the main road area to forget you're in a busy location until you step outside.
Just two things let the stay down for me: 1. We were overcharged by almost MK3000 because of being given an out of date menu to order from. We were really surprised when we expected a MK6000 bill to arrive and it was MK9000! When I spoke to the restaurant staff, they didn't do anything to offer an apology.
2. Which is why I was annoyed the following day when I ordered fruit juice with my breakfast. The continental breakfast is included in the room price and the waitress asked what I'd like to drink with it. I stated fruit juice and nothing was said, until later, after I'd loaded my suitcases into the car ready to leave and I was told I hadn't paid for my fruit juice! It was only tea or coffee that was included with breakfast! I was shocked, considering I don't drink tea or coffee and the issue with lunch the previous day, I think they could have let go one measly soft drink.
I left feedback, as requested, in the room about being overcharged for lunch and they picked up on it with my husband when he paid the final bill, however, they couldn't do anything because the manager wasn't there.

I think the hotel would benefit from a few sessions in good customer service.
Overall, the hotel is lovely; great rooms and location, but the staff spoilt it for me. I ordered drinks at the bar and the barman's personal cellphone rang, so he answered it and continued a personal call halfway through taking my order. There should be a delegated member of staff to authorise complaint issues (such as my lunch bill) if the manager isn't there.

It was a disappointment as I really liked the hotel itself, but the customer service lets the place down.