We actually saw 3 different rooms in this hotel - stayed twice and had use of one of the very fine looking new rooms on way to a late flight (all arranged by our madagascar tour guide). It is quite a quirky style with narrow twisty passages and lots of artefacts from Mada history on the walls and in glass display cases. Our first room was beautiful - more like a suite. The only downside is it is all wooden floors and thin walls so noise can be a bit disturbing. The second room was very small but still comfortable and had all we needed apart from a mosquito net. We had one of our own so were able to hook it up ok. And you do need one as there are a lot of the flying monsters about! Staff very friendly and helpful and spoke english well. Their restaurant upstairs was really nice and actually surprisingly good value, very French style menu. Need to book on a weekend as it gets busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in central vibrating Antananarivo, you will appreciate the peaceful atmosphere of Sakamanga. With its typical architecture, its traditional decoration (but with European standards equipments) Sakamanga is very original and different from basic standards hotels and you will certainly love its originality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Sakamanga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sakamanga Hotel Antananarivo
- Hotel Sakamanga Madagascar/Antananarivo