“Delicious Pizza”

Nerone Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #5 of 207 Restaurants in Antananarivo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian food. Friendly atmosphere. Good Wine. Open sunday for lunch and diner.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

The food here is delicious! I forget what entre I had but I remember it being good, and then I had pizza for the "plat" which was better than some Italian restaurants I've been to in the US! If you're looking for some good Italian food in the heart of Antananarivo, this is the place to come!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I really mean it : Nerone is the best place for Italian food lovers! Especially during the evening! The dark atmosphere in the restaurant at night gives a great touch of romance and warmth especially for couples who enjoy candlelight dinners. Food is very nice in general. The risotto with prawn curry sauce is a really recomforting meal...

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nice view out of the window, they were out of our menu choices (gnocchi and risotto). Pizza and lasagne were really mediocre. Prices were not commensurate with food!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

My colleague and I ate here twice. Not so much because of the food but because of it's convenience to Hotel Colbert. The food was just so-so. Both times I went my first choice was unavailable so I had to make an alternative selection. One trip, I ended up with the four cheese gnocchi another time I had a noodle type pasta with a marinara sauce. Both dishes weren't that much better than one would get from a frozen microwave dinner. My colleague had the same response to her dishes.

The most enjoyable thing we had were the seemingly homemade crackers they served prior to the meal. They're much more flavorful than anything on the menu.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

I went to Nerone hoping to eat some yummy Italian food. Although the service was fine, the food was truly disappointing! My husband and I ordered a carafe of the house red wine (disappointment #1)...We then ordered as an appetizer the bruschetta. This was disappointment #2. The portion was tiny! Which would be acceptable if the bread wasn't burned! Our main courses arrived: canneloni for me (tasted like one of those freezer dinners) and my husband ordered a pasta dish which was slightly better than mine. Apparently we were gluttons for punishments because we decided to take our chances with the dessert and order the creme brulee. Disappointment #3: the creme brulee couldn't decide if it should be hot or cold. Some bites were warm and the others cold. Overall, there was a lovely atmosphere and the service was good but the food was pretty poor! I really wanted to like it, since there are so few Italian restaurants in Tana.