What a fantastic stay. A room with a view, a comfortable bed, and the best risotto in town. I slept like a baby and when I woke up I walked down just a small flight of stairs to the best dining experience in Antananarivo. Sit inside or outside, or order to your room for a private dinner, I tried them all and every experience was wonderful. Brush up on your French, but remember you are in a French speaking country so this should come as no surprise. Learning some basic French before you come to Madagascar is just respectful to the culture and the Malagasy people.
La Varangue is within walking distance to the market, shops, banks, and a fine bakery is just a short up the hill on the right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming guest house in the center of an upscale neighborhood of the capital. Fruit of the marriage of Madagascar and colonial style architecture, this house offers the proximity of the commercial district Antaninarenina.La Veranda is Ambohitsirohitra next to the office of the presidence.Le The Veranda restaurant overlooks a lovely garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your La Varangue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Varangue Antananarivo
- La Varangue Hotel Antananarivo
- La Varangue Madagascar/Antananarivo