“Hideaway but convenient”
Review of Hotel Tamboho

Hotel Tamboho
Ranked #8 of 59 Hotels in Antananarivo
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Friendly hotel with very modern appointments. Taxi travel essential but taxi stand within sight. Staff willingness to please counteracts minor irritations; e.g.not noticing the Do Not Disturb sign every morning. Food was good. Other travelers diverse. Owner on the premises, often with his family. Wish my French was better.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tamboho, Propriétaire at Hotel Tamboho, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Hello,
Thanks for your review.
I'm happy that you enjoy your stay in Tamboho, and his modern appointments.
You need a taxi to join the historic center of the town or walk for 15-20 min (but walking is not easy in Tana, sidewalks are not in good condition).
I will tell the housekeeper to pay attention to the "do not disturb" sign.

regards

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I booked this place by chance at the last minute and have not been disappointed during my 3-day stay. The room is spacious, beautifully appointed with ultra-modern furnishings overlooking a sparkling swimming pool and rice paddies. The bathroom is large with a spectacular rainhead shower. There's a lovely spa here where I had the relaxing bamboo massage and it truly relaxed me after Paris jet lag. I ate my first dinner at the restaurant here and it was superb and very reasonably priced. The breakfast is good and offers continental, as well as lots of fruit and Malagassy specialties. The staff is very helpful and arranged for a driver to take me to Lemurs Park, which is well worth the hour drive. Love this place so much I'm coming back at end of the month!

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool, very quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Tamboho, Propriétaire at Hotel Tamboho, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Thanks you for your review,
We will be happy to see you again.

Best regards

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed staying here.
The huge bed was very comfortable and the room was a good size although I agree that the opening between the bathroom and the bedroom, although screened did make things a bit less private than each of us would have wished.
I liked the food, especially the deserts which were a treat for the eyes and the mouth. Room service for about an English pound more than the menu prices was lovely after a long day.
The terrace attached to the dining room had lovely views and the dining room was pleasant, although the number of French people smoking throughout their (and my) meals combined with the door between the terrace and the dining room being kept open meant that I sneezed through the lunches and breakfast eaten in the dining room.
I found the staff pleasant and helpful, the wifi fairly stable and the computer in the lobby linked to a printer at the desk invaluable for checking in and printing our boarding passes for our flight home.
We managed to avoid the most horrendous queues at the airport by printing the boarding passes in advance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamboho, Propriétaire at Hotel Tamboho, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Madam,
Thanks for your review,
We expect to define the dining room as a non-smoking area.
please to see you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tamboho is like an oasi in antananarivo, forget all the noisy roads and the crowd, rooms are quiet and nice, expecially the ones facing the pool.

Breakfast is good too the selection offered is wide and you can have it on the terrace wich add value to the quietness of the morning.

The only ? Is the fridge in the corridors instead of havng one in the room and the hole in the wall of the bathroom which does not give the privacy that you would need especially if you are two, but it is a little thing for all the good ones you have here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Thank anto.tex
Tamboho, Propriétaire at Hotel Tamboho, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2014

Thanks for your review, we love our terrasse in the morning so quiet with the birds.
We took the decision to let the fridge in the corridor for the sound and because it's free.

see you soon

Dmitri

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very nice hotel, rooms are clean and modern and function well. Pool is nice (not too much shade though) and very clean. Restaurant is a good place to eat even if you aren't staying here. Conveniently located across the street from ATMs, supermarket and small shops (which are not open on Sundays - be warned). Very good security. Overall - highly recommended for both business or pleasure. They do not have family rooms, so if you need more space you might need to rent 2 rooms.

Room Tip: Personally - I feel more secure in a room that does not open to the outside (pool area) and would st...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank B557

Thanks a lot for the review,
the pool is reserved for the resident. then it is quiet

See you soon

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Tamboho is not what you prepared yourself for. It is a very nice place, great for winding down after work, nice (and surprising) room, nice pool, amazing internet and very helpful, albeit a bit forgetful, staff. All of my travel arrangements for the week were taken care of within five minutes of my arrival. One particular member of staff ensured I had the proper adaptor for my mobile phone charger, while another simply forgot to book a dinner reservation for a busy Saturday night. I found the restaurant menu to be a bit repetitive, I knew it by heart after two weeks! But great food and presentation nonetheless. And great breakfast buffet.
The inside of the restaurant should have been non-smoking, nothing worse than trying to enjoy your dinner through cigarette smoke. Staff do make a bit of a noise when clearing up after dinner.
Other than that, great experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Tamboho, Propriétaire at Hotel Tamboho, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Thank for your comments about the room and the swimming pool.
We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
We have spoken with the employee at the reception in question, and we put a procedure to avoid this kind of mistake.
We note your comments about the restaurant, and working on the implementation of a smoking area not to disturb other customers and we offer a daily special for long staying guest. The chef is at your disposal to prepare simple dishes that are not on the menu.

If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great quiet little place. I had a day or so to relax in this business trip and this is the perfect place to do just that. When checking it, the front desk even loaned me money to pay the taxi driver as I had not yet changed currency- well done;). Internet had been hassle free- not easy to find this part of the world. Pool is great, quiet grassy ground with nice views. So far, no complaints except was personally hoping for a fitness center...and the prices were a bit steep.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thanks for your review,
we konw that internet is important and can't be charger, it's like power, it should be included

happy to see you again next time