Hotel Manoir Rouge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Antananarivo
See available hotels
Hotel Sakamanga(Antananarivo)
  • Pool
Chalet des Roses(Antananarivo)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed twice one night in this hotel. First time when we flew in from Paris and arrived at midnight, the second time was the day before leaving Tana by plain.
Since we only had a few hours between flights on arrival it was the perfect spot since it's located a few minutes from the airport and offers a free taxiservice to the hotel. Mind it's only free this way, to the airport costed us 6000Ar.
The site mentions a 24/24 restaurant service but during our stay we were told the chef was leaving at 21h. Breakfast is self-service and available from 4h.
It has a nice, spacious and quiet garden.
We stayed one night in a double room with shared bathroom, small room in the attic but ok.
The second night we had room n°15, a double room with private bathroom. Sadly it was situated at the streetside which means that you get to enjoy a great city-soundscape from around the time breakfast is being served... Do not choose this side of the hotel if you'd like to sleep a little bit longer :)
Rooms located a little further from the street are really quiet!
Overall friendly people who do not always seem to understand French quite good. But that only ads to the atmosphere of being abroad.
If you'd like to stay in or visit Tana I'd rather choose a hotel in the centre of town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street are noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sjarel1
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night between a late arriving flight into Tana and an early flight the next day to Tuléar. The taxi driver was in the airport with a sign waiting for us, was very helpful and showed us where to change money, and the transfer was included in the price, 55,000 Ar for a double room.
The hotel has a beautiful garden and seating area, the room was clean and had lots of character. Unfortunately there had been a problem with the water and there was none to our room, not even cold so we had to flush the toilet with a bucket of cold water.
The staff that we met were very helpful and some spoke English.
A taxi transfer back to the airport in the morning was 6,000 Ar.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catladylaura
Reviewed August 6, 2012

800 meters from Ivato Airport, clean, peaceful, secure, welcoming, comfortable. Excellent food, quiet courtyard (complete with resident tortoises), lounge with fireplace, tri-lingual staff. Is used as a base by British EcoTours groups. Costs are per person- we paid around $20 a night for 2 people and a room with 2 beds.

Consider staying here after arriving on a late-night flight (or before heading back out on the 1 AM flight to Paris). Avoids the overpriced taxis to Tana, and is a better value than similar hotels in the city center. Road outside can be a bit loud, though, so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Zydec
Reviewed July 21, 2012

You get what you pay for and this hotel was great for the price. If you are on a budget and need somewhere close to the airport then this is a good choice. It has its quirks as do all budget Madagascan hotels but for me this just adds to the charm. The bed was not super comfortable, the walls were very thin but it was fine!. There was a coll little garden in the grounds with flowers, chameleons and a tortise, the breakfast included was reasonable and the staff were friendly enough.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Wale_20
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed at the Manoir Rouge for a day inbetween flights. I was doing some volunteer work out there and was by myself at this point. The charity I had been working for booked me in.

As promised, when I arrived in Antananarivo there was someone to pick me up with a card with my name on it. The hotel is no more than a 10min drive. My room was big, spacious, clean and the beds were comfy. No door to the bathroom which was fine by me as I was on my own. I asked them to arrange someone to take me back to the airport and this was no problem. Staff not particularly friendy but this is not unusual in Madagascar.

Room Tip: Ask for an ensuite as not all rooms have one
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo