“What a lovely beautiful place”
Review of La Varangue

La Varangue
Ranked #1 of 201 Restaurants in Antananarivo
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: In a cozy atmosphere "" The Restaurant "La Varangue" is open from breakfast to dinner to enjoy in a unique kitchen "World flavors and fragrance of our island" concocted by the chef.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“What a lovely beautiful place”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I must admit this place was a surprise for me since after walking in the streets of Tana earlier that day I didn't expect to enter into such a nice cozy place. That was a hint about mt first impression of the ciry. ..The collections in this restaurant are truly amazing and made a soft cozy atmosphere. The food was very good. I had the fillet steak with pepper voting and enjoyed it very much. The Andover salad that came with the starter was also very good. And to top all this, the menu I got had no prices. As I am a woman..

• Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous La Varangue”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Four of us went out for dinner at La Verangue for my birthday on the 4th May. The food is world class. The atmosphere and antiques are amazing and the service was excellent. I can really recommend this restaurant and will certainly be visiting again before we leave Antananarivo! Do try the Chocolate Explosion (thinks that's what it was called!)

• Visited May 2013
Elgin, United Kingdom
“chocolate bomb dessert”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It was our last day and rather than dine at night lunch seemed a good solution.We were late but they showed us to a table and brought water poured into glass that was immaculately clean.We were quick to choose the ink risotto with seafood and then the chocolate bomb.Bread soon followed after ordering but they were not rushing us .The patisserie in Tana shows the french influence and I had to restrain myself from eating too much.A glass of chardonnay and the risotto slipped down.Then the dessert arrived not giving us too much time to view the city for the restaurant is perched on a hillside.A base of mousse with a poached pear placed on top then an amazing vanilla(from Madagascar of course) ice cream all inside a chocolate dome, dark and chilled.Then little ginger macaroons as eyes and that completes the dessert except then hot dark chocolate sauce is poured on top and it melts the dome and mingles with the mousse.Madagascar chocolate is excellent paired with vanilla and the obvious skill of the chef Next time I visit Tana I will stay in the hotel which looked beautiful and tempting.But eat there and indulge even if you dont stay as there are a few rooms Though the restaurant prices are definitely more european the chef makes excellent use of high quality madagascar ingredients and the value is obvious..I left Tana the next day knowing I had another reason to return.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank nicholas169
Kfar-Saba , Israel
“A wonderful surprise”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A beautiful antiques decoration - actually a few collections mostly gathered in Madagascar are set as a very unique decoration. The menu is rich and the food quality is high. Service was excellent. I shall get back there each time I shall arrive to Antanarivo

Visited April 2013
Mauritius
“lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

very nice atmosphere, excellent food. everything very nice :)
very cosy, excellent and professional service. The interior is very unique, as it has plenty of old antiques inside.

Visited February 2013