“June 2013”

Corinthia Hotel Tripoli
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Tripoli
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice hotel over looking the beach. Could do with a more lively outside area.

Was very disappointed with the laundry, sent it for same day service but when I phone at 6 pm was told it wasn't ready. Phone again the next morning to be told that it would be ready at 11am. As I was checking out at 8 am this wasn't much good. When I told them this there reply was my file had a mid-day check out! Kind of think they missed the purpose of some day laundry and their attitude was terrible. Not a 5 or even 4 star treatment.

Will try the Raddison Blue next time!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Tripoli over other properties in the same area. We are truly dissapointed to hear what you have been through while using the Laundry service.

Rest assured that we took appropriate measures with this specific department so that similar situation won't occur again.

Should you need a reservation the next time please feel free to do so through General Manager of the hotel directly.

Hope to see you soon back in Corinthia Hotel Tripoli.

There are newer reviews for Corinthia Hotel Tripoli

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed two days at the Corinthia. It was perfect. The room was very large with those great large marble bathrooms. We had a beautiful view of the sea. The service was excellent and the staff was so friendly and helpful. It's very central and you have any taxi or car, right outside your door. You can walk across the street and be in the Old Town in about 5 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank grapevine1

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you have chosen Corinthia Hotel Tripoli while visiting Libya.

Thank you for leaving us your feedback on your stay. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with hotel service and your overall impression was positive.

We hope to have a chance to welcoming you soon back in our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Don't be afraid, Libya is a wonderful place and this hotel is very welcoming, the staff are great. Top notch and I would happily come again. Do not panic about the security situation either, it really isn't as bad as you are probably thinking. In fact it improves with every day.

Room Tip: Get an exec room so you can use the exec club.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike S
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for deciding to stay with Corinthia Hotel Tripoli while in the area.

We are truly pleased that you find our staff welcoming and that you would visit our hotel the next time.

Hope to see you soon.

Take care.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Beautiful rooms, excellent service and great food. Highly recommended for anyone visiting Tripoli. The interior is luxurious, and its location convenient for the business district. The room service menu caters for a range of international tastes, and is ideal for those who do not wish to dine formally - it's also some of the best food in Tripoli.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank your for sharing your experience with Corinthia Hotel Tripoli. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the comfort of our spacious rooms as well the room service offering.

Hope to have the chance to welcoming your back to Corinthia Hotel Tripoli.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I travel to Tripoli on regular basis for business. That was my first trip after the revolution. It was a nice surprise to see that the hotel remained intact with the same beautiful decoration, clean, and well managed. Arrived at the airport and had a pre arranged car waiting for me through our rep in Libya. The airport itself was always ugly and still need to be demolished. In my was to the hotel I saw bab al aziziya where gadafi used to live, a rubble. I did not see any armed men anywhere and everything was normal with bad traffic as always. Arrived at the hotel, my reservation was confirmed and in 5 min I got my room key card. The front desk man was very nice, polite and professional. My room was clean and had everything you need to have or expect in any 5 stars hotel. Few minutes later the room service manager came by herself to wish me a pleasant stay and asking me if I need anything in my room. That was nice.
Restaurants: Although they have 3 or 4 but the only one that I advice you to use is the one at the ground floor with the open buffet. And by the way, this is the best food you will find and eat in tripoli! The room rates are very high because they know that this is the only hotel visitors can use. Others are like 4 or 5 grades less. The reason for me not giving this hotel the full mark because there is no entertainment whatsoever, only the TV in your room. Hope this will change after the revolution. My advice to the management is to start with a talented pianist or guitarist playing light music. Finally, alcohol is not permitted anywhere in Libya so do not expect to find a bar to have a drink after your long day in the hotel or anywhere else.
Next time and everytime I will stay at this hotel without doubt.

Room Tip: See view is nice. Executive is perfect if your company can pay for it
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with Corinthia Hotel Tripoli while on business.

We appreciate your loyalty and your nice comments on the service as well as the interior and decorations of the hotel. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the entertainment. Indeed we have currently a pianist playing in the lobby area every evening.

Hope to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I am a regular guest at Corinthia Hotel, if you are thinking in going to Tripoli, Corinthia is the place to stay but in an Executive Room, where you will have access to the Executive Club Lounge and ask for the Manager, Ms. Sonia Azevedo, she will make you feel that you are in one of the best International 5 star hotels in Europe, you will forget that you are in Tripoli where hospitality needs to improve immensely.
She will support you during your stay, with whatever problems you may encounter and you always will find her with a smile, ready to help.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank giomissbusiness
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Tripoli for your stay in Libya.

We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially with the service that was provided to you by our colleague Sonia, Executive Club Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I hadn't been back to the Corintia since before the revolution so I was interested to see how it and Tripoli had come through the troubles. I was very pleased to see that the Corinthia had actually improved. The room was still large and spacious, well appointed and comfortable. The staff were professional and quick to answer questions. Wifi is free, relatively fast and reliable. Food is better than before the revolution. I always remember that the blandest curry I had ever tasted in my life was served up there but the meals this visit were of the standard you would expect from a world class hotel. Yes there are othergood hotels in Tripoli butthis is the one for me.

Room Tip: Facing the Med is good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul R
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Tripoli again for your stay.

We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the Wi-Fi functinality, size of the room, as well as food offering.

We value your loyalty and are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tripoli
Al Mahary Radisson Blu Hotel, Tripoli
#1 of 1 in Sabratah
Bustan Urban Retreat
Bustan Urban Retreat
#8 of 21 in Tripoli

Been to Corinthia Hotel Tripoli? Share your experiences!