I recently spent 4 nights in the Thobacts. Before I arrived I was rather concerned to see it was on a major artery into Tripoli, quite close to the main Green Square. I thought I'd have to ask for a room at the back, regardless of the often dismal view that results. Pleasantly surprised at the quiet when I went into my room; I opened the curtains and looked down on the main road but all sound was totally muffled by a double skin of insulation. Almost TOO quiet, tomb-like, and impossible to open the window but preferable to the alternative. The A/C was set at the right level, quiet, unnoticeable, so I left it strictly alone - I've found from past experience that generally no-one can show you how it works and I'm non-techie.
- the bed was reasonably soft, not the rock-hard norm for hot countries. The bedding - duvets, sheets etc - was confusing to British eyes but all immaculately clean so I worked out how to adapt it to my needs.
- plenty of surfaces for your necessaries, guide-books, camera, day-bag, water bottle, mobile phone charger etc.
- good handbasin with rail under lip for towel, overnight washing etc. Also hook for hanging toilet bag, robe etc. Good towels. Slippers.
- perfect size for single traveller (maybe a little tight for 2, though I believe there were bigger rooms).
- breakfast had good variety though I avoided most of the cooked options.
- efficient lifts. Charming and smiling staff, though rather less efficient than the lifts. Room service rapid - but the hotel was fairly empty.
- writing table needs a lamp. I suspect they could provide one if asked.
- shower rather small, soap tray awkwardly placed.
- took me 2 days to get the safe opened - it had been left shut by previous guest and the only man who had the key was on his day off . Make sure its open when you arrive. Heaven knows what you'd do if you forgot your code!!
- no safety chain on the door - twice staff knocked then opened door before I could get there and found me under-dressed...
Overall I was very happy at Thobacts and would certainly return.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Thobacts Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.