“Lovely Location but Omitting Sale Tax on Prices a Con!”

Golden Beach Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #6 of 60 Restaurants in Monrovia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Enjoy beach front gourmet dining right next to the ocean waves or enjoy our newly remodeled indoor dining with air condition. We also deliver. Open 7 days a week: 11am- 11pm.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

A lovely place to unwind and enjoy a sun-downer. I was warned off eating there (so can't comment on that), but really irritating that the prices on the menu exclude 7% sales tax (as though anyone doesn't pay it). Normally when somewhere does this, it is to try and make the prices look reasonable rather than overpriced. This is just a con!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This view from this place is breathtaking. I have not gone to a beach this clean and beautiful since I stayed at the Atlantis on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. The sand was clean without seaweed or a spec of garbage for miles. I asked to move my table closer to the water where my toes could sporadically rest in the ocean tide. BEAUTIFUL!

The food here is equally delicious. As with most places in Liberia the menu is huge. However, I found the thin crust pizza here to be some of the best I have had anywhere. The vietnamese seafood here is also great. My wife and I also tried the salt n garlic pepper fried prawns, vietnamese shrimp spring rolls and the caramelized garlic shrimp....they tasted like heaven in my mouth.

You could tell the owner was a San Franciscan, because unlike at other places in Liberia he was very friendly and dropped by to talk to us and other tables about our travels and gave us recommendations for other places in Liberia.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nice beach, nice atmosphere especially on weekends. Service is pretty good. Some of the food is good, the battered prawns (can't remember the name on the menu sorry) are great but expensive considering how cheap seafood in Liberia is. But I tried the pizza one day and felt sick immediately and din't recover for 2 days. It was vegetarian and had gross frozen mixed vegetables on it. I looked at it and felt sick, don't know what possessed me to eat it! 4 stars for the restaurant in general, 2 stars for poisoning me = 3 stars!!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

gorgeous setting right on the beach where you can enjoy drinks and food ( including some Vietnamese offerings!) yum! I wish more places in Monrovia would take advantage of the beachfront setting. Apparently, there is live music on Sundays, 4pm. I hope they resurrect karaoke nights at some point...

Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you like a lazy beach afternoon...this is the perfect place. The food is not that great but the scenery makes up for that.