“Never Again”
Review of Hotel Provident

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monrovia
Hotel Provident
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Monrovia
Reviewed June 29, 2012

This Hotel of all the Hotels in the Monrovian Area has a lot of problems. The staff was helpful but the management was not. Rooms are run down and dirty and the food was cold and bad. I come to this area about three to four times and year and will NEVER stay here again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ben S
HotelProvident, Manager at Hotel Provident, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hi Ben,
I truly regret to hear of such a poor experience with us. I am thankful for your feedback and glad to let you know that we have updated our rooms, improved our management and food service.

We would be pleased to have you again and would like to offer a hot delicious complimentary meal. If interested please email me at garnett.nykita@gmail.com. Thank you.

Hotel Provident Marketing

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is a good hotel by Monrovian standards. Hot water, wifi, breakfast included in the price ($133.50) which includes fruit, and a good tv connection to see Al-Jazeera. Another good thing is that it is about only 100 m from a pleasent beach.

On the bad side, when paying, they gave me my change in Liberian dollars, using a rate of 60 to one when it should be 75 to one in a bank. I told the lady at the counter that I felt I was being robbed and that a 25% exchange rate commission was absolutely unacceptable. She responded that she had instructions to use that rate. This got the better of me and I told her that every other hotel in Monrovia uses a rate of 70 and that I would denounce their abusive practice. She went to the admin office and came back with the rest of my change using an exchange rate of 70. Fair enough but I am unlikely to come back because I had to shout to get out of an abusive situation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2012

All things are relative and as such, the Provident is OK. The staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are a bit shabby but clean. Hot water was there, but very low pressure. Room was quiet. Wifi worked. Laundry was returned promptly. Breakfast (included in room price) was served quickly...but very limited choices. Restaurant dinner menu very limited (fish or chicken, fried rice with fish or chicken) Beer was never warm but never quite cold. There are more pleasant places for the price but if there are no other choices, it is no hardship at all to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TeDigo
Reviewed January 23, 2011

What can I say about a Hotel that does not understand that you must have clean rooms for its customers. The place has a very "BAD" smell to it. I talk to the manager and he told me the owner does not give them any pay and that he and his wife just come to get the daily deposit. I feel that what I pay for my room I would get better service and a much clean room like most hotels. I have been to this part of Liberia and this must be the Hotel you must stay away from. I would never staty at this Hotel and I will tell anyone I know who is comming to Monrovia to stay away

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FrenchMan064
HotelProvident, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Provident, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

I sincerely apologize for such a horrific experience. Having this kind of review helps The Hotel Provident family improve.

Hotel Provident prides itself on being a Liberian family owned business with ethical practices in our community. I am so sorry that you were misinformed & apologize for the lack of professionalism of our former staff. Also, please accept my apology for the lack of the great experience I know we can offer.

I understand that your time here cannot be replaced but please email me at garnett.nykita@gmail.com so we may discuss anything that can be done on your next trip to Monrovia. Thank you.

Reviewed December 16, 2010

I have been all over the world and this is a hotel you must stay away from.
The management and staff have no clue on how to run a hotel.
The room were dirty and smell. You ask if they could fix the smell that was in my room
and they just sit around just talking about how bad the owner is and how
he and his wife do not pay the staff and are they care about just getting your money for the stay.
The food we had I would not feed this to my brother pigs it was that bad.
If I am ever do come back to Liberia I will stay away from this Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank 345,768

You deserve a far better experience than that. I am so sorry. I am happy to report that we have worked on and are continuing to amend our owner, management & team communication.

A lot of progress has happened in two years. Please come see for yourself and I will do my very best to ensure that you receive our much improved services. If interested please email me at garnett.nykita@gmail.com. Thank you.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

Following eleven trips to Ghana, I made my first trip to Liberia last month. This was the worst hotel I've ever encountered. The staff was most friendly and helpful, but the accommodations were awful. Bathroom was dirty and the window was open to the outside - fortunately there were no mosquitoes when we checked in. Electricity was sporadic as was access to water. Internet access was spotty at best. Was afraid to eat in the restaurant. Room wasn't worth $50 a night, much less the $150 we paid.

I recommend the Great Wall Hotel a couple of blocks away. It has superb rooms at a much better rate, not to mention a fantastic restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank toddrow

I truly understand your disappointment, especially on your first trip to Liberia. Please accept my sincerest apologies & a complimentary night stay so you can see how we have improved our services.

If interested please email garnett.nykita@gmail.com. Thank you.

Reviewed March 13, 2009

I just came back from Monrovia from a conference and stayed at Provident hotel with my colleague. The location of the hotel is good, away from the noisiest streets and the ocean view from the room was great! The room was spacious and very clean. We had running water and hot water all the time, as an experienced Africa traveller valued that a lot! Airconditioning worked without problems. TV also worked properly and had enough of channels. Electricity was available also all the time except the times they had to change the generator.

Breakfast was basic but ok. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They assisted me even with my private shopping! The security was good, did not have any problems with that. Restaurant was ok and the food was good. I always like restaurants that locals also use. That is a sign of a good food if locals like it! This hotel is a familiy-run business and has much more character than the "ordinary" business hotels, f.ex. Cape, Mamba Point etc. I visited them as well.

Prices in Liberia are very high and I think that all the hotels there are overpriced if you compare the rates to European hotel rates. The only thing missing in this hotel is a porch or a terrace so that you could sit outside and enjoy the fresh air, the ocean breeze and perhaps a cold drink.

I warmly recommend this hotel for everobody. I myself have been in the hotel business for more than 20 years.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business