MARIADOR PALACE, 4 STAR RATING! (EUROPE Standards of rating)
First impressions are good, good infrastructure, then .... it hits you like a brick wall!
Situated in the lower town, access is dodgy and filthy.
- Aren’t properly trained, can not communicate, not client orientated and get orders wrong! -Placing orders can be a problem as waiters aren’t client orientated, playing with cell phones or chatting.
- Delivery of orders can take anything from 30 min to an hour, if they’ve not forgotten about the order!
- If for some reason you’ve send an order back, they still expect you to pay for it!
- Serving assistance, none. Waiters will lean over your food to serve colleagues opposite to you, and is not aware of table ettiket.
-Beverages are 4x the local price.
-Meals aren’t served at same time, when eating as groups.
-Presentation and taste lack big time. (You can immediately notice there is no pride in the meal)
-Meat is often chewy, over done or drenched in tomato salsa sauce.
-Breakfast, only 2 options – Continental or American (wrong impression what’s on offer)
-Bacon is not an option on the menu although they do serve pork chops for lunch and dinner.
-There is no change in menu, no buffets offered, if you need a change in food, go to another restaurant!
In my 3 month stay, I had at least 5x stomach problems, and realized why when I walked into the kitchen. Walls, work surfaces and equipment is filthy, microwave oven looked like it have never been cleaned since in use. No controlled environment – no pest control, open windows, no air filters working which leaves majority of surfaces greasy, black colored with accumulated dust!
Hotel Internet is more offline or intermittent, more of a frustration, all 4 floors are suppose to have separate internet access but is intermittent and you end up to go down to the lobby to sit on uncomfortable chairs to try and do some work. Internet dongles gives about 7Kb/s if you’re lucky.
-Majority of air conditioners do not have any means of control, either on or off.
-Bar fridges aren’t cleaned.
-TV channels are local orientated, picture quality is bad, and some TVs don’t have remotes.
-Bed linen is to short for mattresses, leaving mattress exposed.
-Baths and basins do not have plugs, shower fittings are broken.
-Lights aren’t fixed, even after complaining.
-Towels are taken away for cleaning as soon as you leave your room for breakfast and only replace it late in the afternoon, which means if you don’t have your own towel for pool use you have to go without or laugh it off.
-Noise is a problem facing the backup generator which is running often due to power cuts. Rooms facing the pool and ocean, often have to deal with noise from functions carrying on until early morning hours.
-Curtains, hangs lopsided and runner stops are gone.
-Telephones, are available in rooms but majority doesn’t work or not connected.
-Toilet lids and door handles are dirty and unhygienic.
-Air extraction fans are clogged with dust or not working.
Pool and recreational area
-Often occupied by locals over weekend.
-Pool water quality not good especially over weekends
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Mariador Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Mariador Palace Hotel Conakry
- Le Meridien Conakry
- Conakry Le Meridien