“Absolutely wonderful!”
other travelers have booked this property
Front View House Siriboe
A view on our beautiful, tropical garden, for you to enjoy! The perfect BBQ place
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Front View House Siriboe
A view on our beautiful, tropical garden, for you to enjoy!
The perfect BBQ place
Coconut Bay Apartment:
Sun-terrace on top of the Coconut bay Apartment
Front view of the Royal Palm Apartment
The Royal Palm Apartment
Royal Palm Apartment - Room Lily (on request with A/C)
Royal Palm Apartment - Room Yasmin (on request with A/C)
Royal palm Apartment
Apartment 'Rose'
room 2 with A/C on request + extra fee
Apartment Rose / kitchen
We welcome you! Yours Birgit and John Siriboe
The Beach-resort Bojo (20 min drive)
the new shopping Mall; West Hills, just near our area (10 min drive)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

lrs8810
Accra, Ghana
“Absolutely wonderful!”
Reviewed October 24, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Whether you are planning for a short visit or an extended stay, you can't go wrong with House Siriboe! I have lived in the Royal Palm since June 2016 and it has been my favorite part of Ghana. I had the option of moving locations but once I saw their compound and how it exceeded the photos online, I decided to book them through December.

The location is extremely safe and Birgit and John could not be more welcoming. Their apartments and the compound allow you to feel like you are on vacation and living authentically in Ghana all at the same time. You can't get that at a hotel! They are also very accommodating to their guests, and treat them like family, which you definitely can't get at a hotel! If you need an affordable taxi, they can help arrange one for you. If you need something in your apartment fixed, they take care of it right away. They look out for their guests which I appreciate and I know my family back home does as well!

I will always book with House Siriboe for any trips to Ghana in the future.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Calgary
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed October 22, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

John and Birgit are fantastic hosts who always make me feel welcome. I am a frequent traveller to Ghana and have stayed many times with them ... a beautiful, peaceful and safe property located minutes from the moterway with easy access to so many places. The apartment is alway impeccably clean & cozy and the hosts & Bright are always available should you every need anything. I highly recommend this place for anyone traveling to Ghana!! I have never been disappointed and alway look forward to my return.

SteveNath...
“A WONDERFUL STAY AT HOUSE SIRIBOE!”
Reviewed October 21, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I have made many trips to Africa and stayed in various accommodations. But this one made me feel really welcome and confortable! The rooms were always clean, especially the toilets. The owners were so friendly and helped me with any question I had. The huge and green garden is wonderful to relax and read a good book. The wifi worked steady and was quite fast for African standards. I had breakfast every morning and it was so versatile and met my full expectations! All in all it was a wonderful stay and I highly recommend it. I will be there in January again.

Teena9982
“NEVER AGAIN, WANTED TO LEAVE THE MOMENT I GOT TO THE PLACE”
Reviewed October 18, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

My first impression walking in was a very disappointed. Although I saw the pictures online I guess I was hoping it will look better in person. I am so much into interior designing/decorating, that is one of the things I look out for when picking a place .
Indeed I was much disappointed with the interior of the house from the sitting room to the bedrooms was very unattractive.(old furniture), sea shells all over the house (what!) If it's a guest house the decor should be neutral. The only place I was a little comfortable and felt it was ok and cleaner than the rest of the house was the bathroom (even that it had molds around the shower knobs). For the amount they charge in dollars which is a lot in Ghana cedis. They need to invest in the Interior of the rooms,lighting(lighting was very dim at night) sitting area definitely needs to be upgraded. Tv did not work so I didn't bother. Bedroom doors needs to be updated the keys to the rooms are so old ,I don't think they make them anymore. (Disliked it very much). Wardrobe were outdated, old, dusty, dirty. Owner went into the room to fix sink when I wasn't there ( this is a no-no) knowing my personal belongings were there.
I was hoping there will be regular housekeeping but doesn't exist, Noone came to sweep or clean anything whiles there, for the amount of money they charge in dollars it's definitely pricey and not worth it. Bedsheets were never changed, Matress was rock hard and very uncomfortable
Due to the house location and road, taxi drivers always overcharged saying the road is not good ( I know it's not their fault ). Coming from out of the country I was jet lagged for the first week and couldn't fall asleep till 5 or 6am most days ,I was awaken by loud and ridiculous noise right in the back of the bedroom by the owners and housekeepers ,The noisy trucks at night made it very hard to fall asleep or even read since they are on the roadside. I really regretted staying here and couldn't wait to leave. If I had the opportunity to have someone look at the place before I came I definitely wouldn't have paid.
Network is absolutely horrible in the house, you are guaranteed not to get or receive calls I struggle to even get 1 bar of signal, you have to walk around and find a spot that that can even give you 1 bar to possibly make a call. SO TERRIBLE ... I missed important calls and opportunities i was waiting on because of the bad network
I will not recommended it to my friends (knowing their taste) and in the future I will not be staying here. I will invest in paying more to be more comfortable and feel at home.
The owners were very welcoming and bright was very helpful and friendly. (Wishing him the best)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Everything including interior,old and dusty furniture
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Oct 22, 2016
Teena9982, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions with us. We are disappointed we are not able to maintain your level of comfort you were expecting during your stay. We will definitely take a lot of your feedback into consideration. Nevertheless, I would like to clarify some of your reported deficiencies.

Cleanness: For every guest staying with us we offer a daily cleaning service, since we strongly believe that the cleanness of each apartment is one of the most important factor our guests are looking for. Nevertheless, in this particular case, our room service was introduced but not accepted.

Network: Unfortunately, the entire network system in Ghana is not so well developed as compared to western countries. Nevertheless, our guests have access to the local market leader MTN. Alternatively; we also offer access to the modern network service Surfline, which unfortunately was also not accepted.

Maintenance and repairs: We fully understand your frustration and are very sorry to have disturbed your privacy. However, our assistant noticed an abnormality with the water flow in the apartment; hence in order to avoid any possible water overflow damages, we fixed the problem immediately.

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, since it is our daily goal to make our guest feel happy and satisfied all the way.

Birgit and John Siriboe
Home Owner
denise r
London, United Kingdom
“welcoming experience”
Reviewed October 8, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

this time i went with my husband and 5 children. it was once again a home feeling experience .the apartments were very clean and secure .the hosts were also perfect all round .the road to the apartment is even much better . not far from the nearest shopping mall.
it was all good.

Liked best: the apartment
Liked least: the roads linking to property
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Martin P
Bavaria, Germany
“A Taste of the Real Africa”
Reviewed September 25, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We booked this apartment to be a base from which we could experience the 'Real Ghana' and what a find it was. The accommodation is spacious and comfortable and John and Birgit were perfect hosts; they looked after us and gave us good advice on where to go and what to see and arranged for a local driver, Michael, to take us around. The location is right in the middle of a local community and allowed us to get a real feel for life in the local community. If you are looking for somewhere to stay, away from the sterile environment of a chain hotel, then this is definitely the place for you and you'll find John and Birgit delightful hosts. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfortable Accommodation and delightful hosts.
Liked least: The late night music from the local church
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Abdulai_K...
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 6, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

It was a lovely and peaceful place from the hustle and bustle of Accra. The owners Birgit and John were approachable and very helpful. Birgit always took the time to find out if we were okay. Patience and Bright the house help were fantastic. Nothing was too much for Bright, he was very happy and willing to to help with any request from us. It was a wonderful experience.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing