“WORST HOTEL STAY SO FAR”

Ramada Resort Accra Coco Beach
Ranked #70 of 90 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed January 24, 2014

On arrival, I was somewhat impressed, and the first meal that night was really good, or maybe I was just hungry. But two days into the stay, things took a turn for the worse. I ordered quarter chicken, but I got chicken breast hat was very dry. When i asked for a change, I was told my original order was not available. it annoyed me that I was not told this when I order. The following day for lunch, my food had to be taken away three times because it was under cooked, and that night, I suffered a terrible case of food poisoning, and when I told the hotel I was told it was possibly the many spices, which I didn't buy, because I use a lot of spices when cooking. what was worse was that at one of the meals, a waiter came to me, and asked me if I was from Senegal, because some man had seen me and swore I was someone he knew from Senegal. I found this very inappropriate. There was a day, I had to call reception to get my room cleaned, the cleaning lady had forgotten my room. then on another day the cleaning lady forgot to put a duvet on the bed, and when I called for one I was told house keeping was closed and I just had to be understanding.

It seemed to me that the hotel started off as a good idea, with a lot of good plans, but the price and he standard of services don't match. the beach is very dirty, it has all sorts of garbage you can think of, the hotel furniture is not of high standard. the staff seem to be working long hours which makes them inefficient. They don't seem to be properly trained. the food can be good, but they have too many shortcuts and seem overwhelmed when they have too many guests.

1  Thank Atuweni J
GMR55, General Manager at Ramada Resort Accra Coco Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us and we are grateful for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience at The hotel, we have noted your complaint and have shared it to the concerned teams to address and to ensure it is not repeated. Your feedback gives us an insight towards the area of improvement from our side and we will focus more on training all of staff to ensure that the service standards are consistently meet during every single service.

I do wish to reiterate that the above incident is an anomaly and not per our usual high standards of service and again regret the inconvenience it caused to you.

We always consider that our guests feedbacks are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level. Once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and sharing it with us. I hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel is certainly decent for a 3 star hotel in a developing country. The price is extremely reasonable. The rooms were clean. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioning was marginal. The food selection was small, but the quality was very good.

There was no internet access in the room which caused discomfort as I was there on business. I had to go to the lobby or outdoor restaurant for internet access. The weather was hot and humid and there were weddings occurring with very loud music playing so to have to work out doors was uncomfortable. The lobby was comfortable, but busy. They had a business center which was 2 computers, 4 cubicles, and 2 printers with uncomfortable chairs.

The biggest issue was the distance from downtown Accra. It is only 30 km in distance, but it took 2+ hours to travel the distance each way. Due to infrastructure issues, the growing population of traffic can not be supported appropriately. This made for an extremely long work day.

The staff was outstanding! They were very kind, pleasant, and helpful. This made up for the other aspects.

1  Thank JRiley13
GMR55, General Manager at Ramada Resort Accra Coco Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Ramada Resort Accra. I am glad that you liked the hotel and would recommend us to all who would be reading your review.

As for the location, the hotel is situated just 15 kms away from the Airport and takes about 30 mins to reach the airport . Also we offer the same services as city center hotels at very affordable prices.
I hope to see you soon in Accra and I am sure the surroundings will develop very soon as a lot of emphasis is being put on this side of the town as far as infrastructure development is concerned.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Hotel is perfectly located on the beach and twenty minute taxi drive to the city center. A great place to relax and soak in the sun and enjoy the music!! Rooms are done up well in terms of upholstery, linen, etc. Internet speed is also decent. The staff is very repsonsive, attentive and have a sense of urgency in going about their tasks..

Has a great swimmimg pool which is very well maintaned in terms of cleanliness. Has a great variety in its menu which is decently priced!

Overall a great place to stay !!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank arjundhir26
GMR55, General Manager at Ramada Resort Accra Coco Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Mr.Arjun,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ramada Resort Accra.

Thank you for your positive comments. We are glad that the team made your stay comfortable. Your encouraging comments will help us do better.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Hotel rooms were excellent, service was first class to, would recommend this to anybody stopping over in Ghana or for anyone looking for a nice relaxing stay. Definitely one of the better hotels in Ghana, let alone Accra! Thank you for the experience

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank JohnS1945
GMR55, General Manager at Ramada Resort Accra Coco Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Mr.John S,

Thank you for your time to share your holiday experience with us following your recent stay.

It's our great pleasure to read your beautiful comment and we are glad that you and your family have had a good time with us.

The team and I are looking forward to having your family back with us in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed December 22, 2013

As far as hotels in Accra go, this is definitely a hidden gem not to be missed! Comfortable rooms, affordable prices and great food - all bought to life by a fabulous team of brilliantly attentive staff, who go out of their way to make you feel totally at home. Great hotel for families and business, with a great beach and lovely pool. All in all, an unforgettable Ghanaian experience, one that can't be recommended highly enough.

A massive thank you to the Ramada Accra team :)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ahmed B
GMR55, General Manager at Ramada Resort Accra Coco Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of Ramada Resort Accra. We are glad that you enjoyed a comfortable stay.

We much appreciate your valuable feedback on our hotel facilities and services, and hope to serve you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed in hotel for couple of days. Had a lot of fun in swimming pool and on beach. Good customer service and had a good food as well. I recommend it to every one. Against what you pay and what you get is very valuable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brij P

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to be the hotel of your choice. Thank you for sharing your positive guest experience with us.

We pride ourselves in making our guests as comfortable as possible and we are glad you had a smooth and comfortable stay as well the overall ambience could impress you. This is what we strive for.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for four days on a business trip. The good news is the pool was great 7 feet deep at one end so no Bobs (people who stand in groups in the middle of the pool bobbing about because they can not swim ) :-) The bad news was the TV did not work, the key for the door did not fit and a staff member had to let me in, the breakfast was not good and I got ripped of when changing money. It is a stones throw from coco beach which is not blue flag material .

Room Tip: Get one that the door works on and don't leave any valuables in the room