“Not sure........”

Ranked #17 of 244 Accra B&B and Inns
Oxon, UK
“Not sure........”
Reviewed February 15, 2008

Would love to write a review for this hotel. Booked it as our 1st place in Ghana during the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations. Arranged pick-up at the airport, and when we couldn't find anyone, I called them, only to find out they had given our rooms to somebody else.....

At 11pm, having landed after an 8hour flight from England, we were not impressed. We arranged an alternative with some of the touts hanging around outside the airport, but I was very unhappy with Joy Family Lodge.

It may be the greatest hotel in Accra, but make sure you're rooms are not given away.....

• Liked — It was on the internet
  • Disliked — They let our rooms to others before we arrived, but didn't tell us..................
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Black_Rocko_UK

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed January 25, 2008

From the first day I arrived at the lodge I can tell that this was a perfect choice. The staff were so friendly and hospitable and treated me like one of the family. Being an American I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the rooms , western style toilet and the best tasting Talapia I have ever had. After being there for 3 weeks it started to feel like a home away from home. The lodge is in a town called Pokuase and is about an hour from the main city of Accra but if you are just looking for a nice place to stay while you are doing some volunteer or mission work this is the place to be. If you forgot to bring something from home, don't worry, they will get it for you.

• Liked — The great hospitality of the staff and cleanliness.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank alllheart
Travelers also viewed these Accra hotels
Pemicsa Hotel
#101 of 244 in Accra
Pink Hostel
Pink Hostel
#20 of 196 in Accra

Been to Joy Family Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Joy Family Lodge

Property: Joy Family Lodge
Address: 14 Pokuase-Amasaman Road | Fise Junction, Accra 00233, Ghana
Location: Ghana > Greater Accra > Accra
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Airport Transportation
Ranked #17 of 244 B&Bs / Inns in Accra
Hotel Class:3 star — Joy Family Lodge 3*
Welcome to the Joy Family Lodge, a distinctly different family run hotel located in a quiet village of Pokuase, about 35 minutes' drive from the Kotoka International Airport in Accra. My name is Ohene Bonsu and I run the lodge with my wife, Abena Adobea. With its stunning African Decor, vibrant color schemes, tranquil garden, and personalized, homey services, the Joy Family Lodge provides complete privacy and relaxation for tourists, business travelers and NGOs. The Joy Family Lodge - Pokuase's Premier Lodge! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Joy Family Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.