“Best food I've had in Accra”
Review of Bread&Wine - CLOSED

Bread&Wine
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Bread&Wine is located in Osu district, right next to the Antrack House. We serve a South of France oriented cuisine and have homemade bread straight from our Bakery. Looking for a wine experience? We have more than 200 references available. Looking for a place to escape Accra? Come by our pool and enjoy some nice cocktail and food. Looking for a perfect place for a business dinner? We have two private room that will welcome up to 16 guests. Looking for a romantic dinner? Bring your loved one and treat her with Roederer Champagne and chocolate fondant. At Bread&Wine, we offer experience
London, United Kingdom
“Best food I've had in Accra”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant with excellent service. Highly recommend the steak for main and the lemon tart for desert.

Impeccable service

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Ray M
Christelle U, Directeur général at Bread&Wine, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Next time you can try our Pain Perdu (French Toast, caramel sauce)

new york city
“The food and ambience is just pure "WOW"”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had to return after one meal. Once was not enough. They put so much care into the ingredients and cooking them to perfection, pure respect for food and flavors. I had the Shrimp appetizer, the seared scallops, crusted cassava fillet, and the groupa, everything was cooked perfectly. The staff are well-trained, and friendly. We sat outside both times. because the garden is just stunning with a beautiful pool in the back. I would eat here everyday if I could. They impressed my New Yorker palate.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Gnewey
It was nice to meet you.

Thanks for your compliment, it helps us to go further.
Hope to see you soon in town.
Accra, Ghana
“French cuisine cooked to perfection.”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

If you are looking for great food and ambiance, this is the place for you! I love the food and as a smoker I like to sit outside where it is surprisingly breezy. The mangers are friendly and the staff is well on its way to be great.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Farida A
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Just wonderful and highly recommended”
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Great food,ambiance and service. Loved the house. Very clean and with so much character. Will definitely patronize every time I am in Ghana. Hostess was very attentive. I could actually taste how much love was involved in the making of this food. It was an orgasmic experience...no lie!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Simone N
Lagos, Nigeria
“Food made with love”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is one of the few restaurants I have eaten in in Ghana where I really felt like the chef and owners really loved food. Of course in Ghana you are always going to have glitches, especially with service, but the fact is that they really care about the food at Bread & Wine and you can tell. Now the place is super expensive. You will end up paying more than 200 Cedi per person easily, but for an occasional splurge, it's worth it. I had a steak the other day and it was almost as good as one that I would get in a high-end steak house in the US. I've been there for brunch and the food is great. It's the setting that really makes this place. It's calm, beautiful and dignified. If I can compare it to Santoku, this is the place you will take your parents. Santoku is where you go with your buddies. It's not a social scene here. It's just people enjoying good food and conversation. The waiter knew how to open and pour a bottle of wine and when I asked him what kind of wine it was (my friend ordered it) he said "Merlot" instead of "Red." Both plusses on the service side.

• Visited January 2014