“A month in Ghana” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 226 Accra B&B and Inns
Australia
“A month in Ghana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Ghana is my second home as I have been visiting for 20 years because of work.
My decision to travel resulted from Frequent Flyer points from Qantas who are associated with Emirates my airline of choice. Qantas offered accommodation at reduced rates for the first night at Tribeca and I needed a budget clean room.
I was impressed with my first night and after travelling to Kumasi and Sunyani I was happy to return to Accra to relax at the Tribeca hotel which is well located in this busy city. Traffic must always be considered when looking for accommodation in Accra and East Legon is well located.
The other thing I consider is availability of a Taxi at any time of the day and night. Taxi's stand within 100 metres and the location is safe. Money exchanges are close and local produce and small provisions available.
Food, water and drinks are available at the hotel and restaurants close for a small taxi fare.
From the Tribeca most places are easily accessed with negotiable taxi fares.
The local Pizza place within a short distance is the best Pizza I have experienced.
A pool and surrounding area serviced around a nice clean pergola area is inviting for relaxation and WiFi is available.
The area is safe to take long walks during daytime.
A very quite pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: I prefer to be upstairs and the family atmosphere is outstanding in this small comfortable establish...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tribecahotel_ghana, Manager at Tribeca Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for staying at Tribeca Hotel do we look forward in serving you in the future. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience in Ghana and at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on January 27th because I had a gap between my reserved stays at the Holiday Inn. I chose this hotel from hotels.com because the location served my purpose and the pictures looked good.

Big mistake!

The room had no refrigerator, some tiles were missing, the furnishings were poorly done, the shower panels wouldn't close, the towels were worn out. For $110 a night this was the biggest hotel ripoff I have ever experienced and I travel extensively.

My sense is that they started out the hotel with grandiose ideas and probably run out of financing. Why? The car park is tiled, there are monogrammed towels while important things like a refrigerator is missing from the room.

Avoid this place like the plague. The lady at the front desk is pleasant enough however it doesn't make up for the poor service, inferior facility, and general deceptive advertizing.

They need to spend some serious moolah$ finishing up the place and bringing it to standard.

Room Tip: I doubt you'll find a good room in this establishment. They nee
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank SheikPaul
tribecahotel_ghana, Manager at Tribeca Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. First and foremost, on behalf of The Tribeca hotel's management and staff, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused during your stay.

As always, all of our guests, whether long term or short term, are considered part of our Tribeca family. The soul objective of Tribeca Hotel's dedicated management and staff is to make our guests feel as much at home as possible. If this is not achieved, then we are not satisfied.

The unfortunate mix up that occurred upon your early morning checkout is a very rare incident which we have looked into and rectified immediately. Kindly note however that unlike other hotels, whether in Ghana or around the world, we operate a 24/7 check in/check out policy in order to provide our guests with the most convenient and hassle free experience possible. This is just another way we strive to make The Tribeca Hotel "the next best thing to being home". Please keep in mind walk-in rates are different than rates advertised with our online partners. Rates do have a tendency to change though-out the hospitality industry. I do suggest you book your next visit online so that money wouldn't be an issue. Refrigerators are only provided in our suites. Our prices for our suites are far more expensive than our standard rooms, and the amenities are far more than any room in the property. We are sorry that you where not happy with décor of your room, however, it is the guest responsibility to voice there opinion before they stay in the room so that management can rectify the problem. As we investigated this matter further through video footage the receptionist continued to ask you about your satisfaction of the room and you answered everything is fine. I'm sorry that maybe the receptionist did not probe more.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you again here at Tribeca Hotel in the future.

Thank you for your time.

Tribeca Hotel management
Vihti, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Small lovely Hotel! Difficult and not fair to compare other hotels because I have not stayed and experienced hotels in Africa and Europe is so different. We liked it: clean room and environment. Very lovely staff. Will go definitely again. Pool was nice. Good wireless network. Pricing was good. Fruits and/ or vegetables would improve breakfast and menu in general a lot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Hotel is situated in a serene environment and its proximity to the airport is okay. It is a place for couples to experience.... The staff are friendly and prompt in their service.

The environment is neat and the rooms are spacious. It is a lovely sight to behold in the night. Prices are moderate. My wife and I enjoyed taking a walk in beautiful areas close to the hotel.

Next time we are in Accra, we will definitely choose TRIBECA HOTEL. We really had a Wow Experience during our 3 nights' stay!

Bello & P

Room Tip: Please have Room 9 as part of your choice. It's spacious, cozy and has an aerial view of the the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Prechy A
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The Tribeca hotel is a nice hotel, located near the airport but without hearing the planes. The rooms are quiet and spacious. The internet access is good. The restaurant's menu can be improved. More salad and vegetables, less fried chicken and rice.

Room Tip: Room n°1 and 2 are near the water pump. Can be noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

tribecahotel_ghana, Manager at Tribeca Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review Tribeca Hotel. We try hard to provide a WOW... experience to our guests. We do hope in the future you would stay with us again. Keep in mind we have recently under went a renovation in the hotel to keep the client in mind.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i traveled from Nigeria to have a sweet relaxing in Ghana and thank God we landed here;We have been to hotels in South Africa,Kenya,Dubai to mention but few,Tribeca seems to be among top hotels..We got here few hours ago(booked for 5 days)and we are already in love wit their services,area is cozy and romantic,internet is blaze,clean pool,everytin here is ok.Hope to experience all this enjoyment all our stay.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Charles O
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well the Tribeca was ok. I would say it was bad, but I know what the competition in the area for this price range is, so considering that, it is actually ok. The building is new, and the rooms are nice and clean. They have big windows so you can get some nice sunlight. With some minor flaws like towel racks falling off the walls, the air conditioner in the first room they put me in was broken.
The walls are thick and it is a quiet neighborhood, so it is mostly very quiet, which is nice.

The problem is with the staffing. I was only here one night, and I'm not sure who was on when the other two reviewers wrote, but the two ladies here now leave a lot to be desired. They are polite, but certainly not friendly. And there is almost never anyone at the reception deks, when I wanted something I usually had to go searching around the whole hotel. I had to put my breakfast order in to the night security guard at 8pm because there was actually no on else around. Needless to say, my breakfast order got messed up.

The food was pretty dire too. They seemed to be missing the menu, and only had one thing available each time I ordered. What I ate was ok, but nothing great, and wasn't really what I wanted. (rice and sauce for lunch, chicken and chips for dinner). The crowning failure was when my breakfast was made an hour early, and had been sitting there, and I asked nicely for a fresh egg to be made because that one was cold, she actually brought me an egg and left it on the tray, and then left again. I came back thinking it was a hard boiled egg, which would have been ok. But nope, it wasn't even cooked. Really.

So...some potential, but some big staff capacity building needed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank saradvt9
tribecahotel_ghana, Manager at Tribeca Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. We are very concerned with the comments you made and we are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied in staying at our hotel. On behalf of The Mamba Point Hotel's management, please accept our sincerest apologies.
We would welcome your detailed comments on the tribecahotel.ghana@gmail.com so you get the chance to explain to us exactly what made you experience such.

Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us and we hope to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
Thank you.