“Cool Place to Hang”

The Republic Bar & Grill
Ranked #41 of 277 Restaurants in Accra
Cuisines: African, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Republics atmosphere varies from a quaint after work secret chill out spot, to a bustling local & cheap cocktail bar on weekends. They have wonderful Mojitos and Caipirinhas at an amazingly affordable price, not to mention delicious meals that you just wouldn't find anywhere in Accra.The décor is refreshingly vintage and the attention to detail is commendable, with basic hard wood round tables and stools that fit perfectly to make a long bench if you so wish and period magazine and newspaper cut outs on the walls, the inside of The Republic is quirky and definitely for the grown-and sexy.
New York City, New York
“Cool Place to Hang”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

When I visit Accra I love going to Republic to have drinks and hang out with friends. The music is great and the vibe is chill. Definitely a great place for those who like a more relaxed time but still like to enjoy yourself.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Zakiya M

Accra, Ghana
“Very nice bar and grill”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We went there mid-week and the vibe was initially quite quiet but it picked up quickly. It is nice because their is a good mix of locals and internationals! Would defo recommend it.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cyclo1985
Chengdu, China
“Best bar hangout in Accra! Relaxed, great music!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

For a night out do not miss this place! It's all you want, great drinks (crocks), great prices, great atmosphere on this small side street, live DJ. We could sit here all night, but had some other places to tick off.

• Visited February 2014
“really bar and grill”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

the republic has proven to be one of the decent bars with good food and a polite atmosphere in accra.it is next to osu mall,and has outdoor seating.i decided to have a bubra,with my friends and order some chicken kebabs,with chips.there is also an indoor restaurant,we enjoyed the music,crowd and the chicken khebab delicious.the owner raja interacts with most of his customers and is very down to earth.this was a very enjoyable bar,with an active staff to assist you.the repubic is exactly a bar and grill.very nice.thanks republic.

• Visited January 2014
Belcamp, Maryland
“What a surprise. Great prices on cocktails.”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I love the funky decor. I just had to call a friend to ask him for directions. I learned about the Republic Bar in the Enjoy Accra free magazine. After I read the review last year, I wondered how the review from the magazine could not mention the exact address. (We arrived just after the Uncle Ebo Whyte Play. The crowd was thick outside but not inside where we were. In fact, we were the only ones inside at 10:30p.m. Before we could say 'Jack', the expat kids/peace core volunteers started invading the place and drinking heavily. Like I stated, the cocktails are rock bottom priced. Good value there!!!! After the college kids took over we were out numbered and clearly in their domain but I finished eating my food slowly and savoring my Bubra. I hadn't had cold draft beer in 5 years......so after my husband (of 20 years) and I left the kids took over that small table and swallowed it up. As I looked back through the window; if we hadn't left at that time, they would have probably started sitting on our laps. As they were multiplying this was obviously not the evening for a couples night out. lol
The noise/music was deafening inside but the secure is very eclectic and 1970's. Divine!!!

Visited December 2013