Roots Apartment Hotel
$74
$170
$111
Jumia Travel
All reviewsrooftop baroxford streetsuperior roomkitchen areawalking distanceconvenient locationnice breakfastkitchen staffan excellent hotelsmall hotelenjoyable stayhome from homestayed here for nightsother hotelsswimming poolbreakfast buffetkitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here only for the location its perfect and the hotel apartment is very clean worth the money the only problem is the food its not nice at all...which is too bad since its in GHANA!!!!! but the great thing is there is sooo much food option around you since you are located on oxford street. My hubby and I really enjoyed our short stay here we also got upgraded for free!!! will go back again but make sure i make plans for other places to eat!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks in April 2014 while visiting my daughter in Labone. I am so glad I used an agent that knew locations and facilities. The trade offs were perfect for our first family stay. My other daughter came after we left town and stayed down the street at a cheaper place she said was fine but she is 23 year old grad student. My wife and sister in law needed a place very clean, spacious and with a full daily breakfast. They cook eggs to order which was a great surprise.

Internet in rooms was spotty and dependent on where in the room you sat but that isn't unusual for a room with thick walls. We never heard any neighbors which is way better than some 4 star hotels I've stayed in the US even.

Location is great. Just off the Main Street so not overwhelming when walking out but a 2 minute walk to get to the heart of things. Taxi's are omnipresent in Osu so it was easy and cheap to go anywhere. Even easier than public transport in big US cities as long as you know pricing. Hotel staff won't always tell you the rock bottom pricing so be sure to keep asking around and keep driving price down for common trips.

There was a super strong stench form sewer but I wonder if that is an Osu or Accra thing.

Room was huge and comfortable. We had 1 bedroom and brought an air mattress for my sister in law. But she just slept on a huge comfy and semi-firm couch.

In all, I would stay again when I'm not alone and going for cheapness or if on expense account.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank eddiebooboo
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Roots is a well located hotel apartment property. The rooms are well sized with an efficient air conditioning system and comfortable bed. The only downfall really is the cuisine which is very limited with unhealthy international food and the complimentary breakfast was very poor indeed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had a very enjoyable stay in the mid April 2014. The location is very convenient and safe, not too far to the main points of tourist interest. Rooms are nicely decorated, nice bathroom/shower, lots of wardrobe space,only thing missing was a full length mirror for dressing. Fully equipped small kitchen if you feel like cooking or better still getting a take away to eat in your room later like fufu with light soup, and other local dishes not catered at the hotel.The wifi worked 100% all of the time. Customer service very good, certainly not slow, then again this is a hotel not a fast food joint. All the staff I came into contact with were very pleasant and helpful especially the lovely ladies, manager and kitchen staff in the 7th floor restaurant. I enjoyed a varied cooked breakfast, with fresh fruit, delicious fresh fruit juices, and pastries. Something I haven't come across before was having prepaid in full for my stay, I had to pay a further 15% city tax before I could check into the room, don't understand why they just don't add it to the price of the room when you book from outside Ghana or add it to your bill to pay on check out, but they insisted I pay before I could go to my room. A bit annoying when you arrive on a late flight, tired, just want to get to sleep, no local currency and credit card payments have a 2.5% fee slapped on. That's my only little gripe. All in all, I really liked Roots Apartment Hotel and the lovely staff and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here recently for four weeks for business purposes. The property is a very nice, comfortable hotel, with a gym, laundry service (expensive though), café on the ground floor and restaurant on the 7th floor with nice views of the Osu neighbourhood. The layout of the each room/apartment is just great and you have all amenities required for if you wanted to cook (all units come with full kitchen).

The hotel itself is very well-positioned and centrally located. Everything you need is within reach and walking distance. There are many cafes & retail shops nearby. If you need to do some cooking, there is Oxford Street Mall nearby where you can get all your groceries in Shoprite supermarket. For those who is looking for halal restaurants..do look up for Papaye and KFC. Halal food is not a problem here. Even the property uses halal ingredients as the owner is a Muslim.

Just one thing that could make this place an excellent hotel, worthy of 5 stars: Improve the service! It seems endemic here in Ghana where most establishments have a slow or bad service.

Room Tip: The unit which have the balcony - great place to unwind plus extra space to dry your clothes :-)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business