“Sadly Disappointing - No attention to details”

Blue Diamond Beach Spa Resort
Ranked #6 of 207 Specialty Lodging in Accra
Reviewed June 19, 2013

When you pay 135$ a night for a room - you expect something else. You expect Luxury, and since we are in Ghana and the options are limited - that, to me, mostly means attention to details. Nothing is horribly wrong with the place - the beach is lovely, the food is decent, the rooms are fine. But stains on the sheets and the towels, bugs in the bed, waiters who forget your order or dishes that come with insects in them ("The spinach is from our garden" - well, ok, but you can still wash it can't you?). The SPA was closed (as it has been for the past 2 months I found out) which was disappointing as the place is called SPA Resort.

Generally speaking, if the price wasn't so high - I'd say, oh well, ok. But for 135$ a night, I have no intention of ever going back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eyal L
stephanie r, Manager at Blue Diamond Beach Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. Regarding the spa, waiters and cleaners, we agree improvement is needed. It is raining season and hence a time to do maintenance + renovation (spa) to improve for our valued customers. The staff is still undergoing serious training.

In response to insects on your plate, may I remind you that you finished eating your plate before drawing it to our attention? Also note that you were eating in an outdoor restaurant. Nonetheless after your complain we offered you compensation and you said you would rather have it taken of your bill. which we did.

All the same, we apologise for the inconvenience we will surely improve.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went there with my wife for the weekend.
Once arrived, the first feeling was "piece of paradise" ! The landscape is simply beautiful, close to the beach, a nice and quiet palm beach.
Rooms are comfortable, a proper design, assorted colors, with modern equipment, one improvement to be achieved on water pressure in the bathroom
We have only tasted the breakfast ; nice plates dressing ; I have to say the service deserves to be more efficient and plates a little more tasty ! But I am sure it is a little step the Blue Diamond will climb !
We will definetely come back shortly, in order to taste the various meals available in the menu, to use the beach volley playground, and above all I hope the spa will be opened (soon...?)
Still a few steps to get the quality equivalent to its price, but not far at all !!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LOL2512
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I been staying in ghana for more then 6 years always trying to find nice and relaxing place but since i been to blue diamond i think i have found a place for me to relax , very taste food , kind ppl , i love the way whole set up its, bar is near to swimmimg pool , wouldn't be a bad idea to organise a pool party with my friends. rooms are well maintained , really enjoyed my stay .

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NavS385
Reviewed April 3, 2013

From check in, the room, the view, hospitality, the staff, the food you can't ask for much more to get away from the hectic rush of Accra. A cracking stay and it comes with a high recommendation for any length of stay. Craig & Anna

Room Tip: The rooms that come with the sea view is the only option to get the most of the stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Craig A
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My family stayed there for a long weekend, and really enjoyed it. We thought the beach was clean and quiet, with lots of shade for young children. The room had air conditioning, which was wonderful! It was clean, although difficult to keep the sand from getting all over the floor. There was always security on the beach, and nobody hassled us to buy anything. Our children (2 and 5) loved the beach and the pool. The food was great for adults, but perhaps a few more child-friendly options would be good. We usually had to wait about 30 minutes to receive the food we ordered, which isn't bad. Drinks seemed to be forgotten and we had to remind the waiters several times. Overall, we found Blue Diamond to be a great family place to unwind.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann V
Reviewed March 8, 2013

HORRIBLE PLACE!!!! Terrible rooms kind of Chinese style "trying to be European", service mediocre, beach nothing special, terrible POOL, very slippery, NOT children friendly, high rates for what it offers... SPA ok but nothing special.
I wouldn't advice anybody to try! There are much better places not far from Accra!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank silvia687
stephanie r, Owner at Blue Diamond Beach Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Good Evening,

Service, we agree as it is still a work in progress. Sadly one of our biggest challenges.

Pool, we highly disagree. This is one of our latest additions and features anti slip tiles. You may have slipped on the restaurant tiles not the pool. I believe the pictures speak of its beauty for themselves.

Nonetheless we appreciate your comments and hope you enjoy the other resort along the coast!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

went for a day trip to have a break from the hassle and bussle of Accra life,and this is a great place for that: it's only a 1.5 hour drive, and once you get there immediately the stress rolls away. here is a spa on the premises to take advantage of with a menu of massage options, the spectacular ocean view set amongst pristine sand is right in view no matter where you aren't the premises, there is a pool, tastely chosen wicker lounge chairs and table chairs with option to eat near the sea. the chalets face the sea as well and look very tempting to come back to. The only draw back was the service..and if it isn't bad enough (asking 4 waiters to get a sprite and beer after 40 mins) the food, which takes even longer to get, is deplorable. If the rooms come with refrigerators I would be back very soon. If not, well, short of facing the road again to look for a descent place to eat, I would have a good opportunity for a fast diet by skipping meals!
Another note: while I appreciate there is a pool, ,it would be great if they would keep it a little
cleaner!

Room Tip: Request the beachfront!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa W
stephanie r, Manager at Blue Diamond Beach Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review and insights. We do agree our service is rather horrible at the moment. Nevertheless one needs to take into consideration that we not even 1 year in existence yet. Service is the priority area which we are currently working on improving. Kindly bare with us regarding service it will surely improve to your surprise.

Regarding your comments on food, I am sorry but I disagree, we are known to have one of the best cuisines along the coast. The only aspect laking at the moment are some african dishes. Perhaps you were seated on the shoreline far from the restaurant and may have received cold food or the wrong order. I apologize for that.

Pool cleanliness, I agree as well. The pool is only about a month old now and sadly we have not succeeded in finding a professional pool attendant. This will soon change.

Again we apologize for any inconveniences caused.