“clean beach”

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“clean beach”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

i enjoyed the sea breeze so well because he whole environment is clean
and good for exercise

Visited May 2012

Accra, Ghana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“don't bother”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

unspectacular beach matched by a charmless hotel. don't bother. On the road out of this dive is a wooden, 2-storey drinking spot with great sea views, worth stopping for a drink to enjoy

1 Thank okatakyie
Lagos, Nigeria
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“The Worst Hotel I have ever been!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed. December 2006, We booked on line and the pictures looked fantastic, let me tell you my experience...

We booked to stay here with 4 other families but we got in first, the first sign of trouble was the airport transfer vehicle it was old and did not even have air conditioning and Ghana in December is quite hot.

Ok we proceeded at this point I was already regretting having paid in full for 5 nights in advance. On getting to the hotel it looked dusty, the Joel staff did not look prepared at all. We we were showed to our rooms which far away in a block that looked unused. The rooms had no carpeting and it had 14 inch television that was not working, it took them over 2 hours to make it start. My MacBook Pro screen was bigger than the tv and it was hanging high up to make it worse.

In the morning the rooms had no running hot water and this had to brought to us in dirty buckets, we could hardly bathe with it, had to order bottled water to brush.

On getting to the reception, I asked to see the GM and asked for a refund and was told I had to go back to the travel agent to collect a refund, so i said no problem then I proceeded to reception to tell everyone checking in how bad the hotel is that they should not bother to Stay here. After I dissuaded enough people he calmly called me into the office and gave me my full refund. I stayed here only for one night.

I eventually called Labadi Beach Hotel, which was my first choice but they had no rooms online, asking for rooms and they confirmed 4 rooms for us, and came to us with 2 brand new Mercedes Benz buses (much unlike the crappy buses the day before) and my party moved there. And we knew we were in for a good time. This was 1000 times better and I will put up that review.

Visited February 2011
1 Thank Poppie08
Accra
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“POOR sanitaion”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Th e sanitation needs more improvement.............................................

1 Thank mohammed a
Abuja
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good view”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Its nature at its best. It was a wonderful experience for my family. Its a must visit for anyone who happens to visit Ghana.

Visited January 2012