Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewslarge swimming poolevening buffetbusiness tripfree shuttlea la carte menulive bandcomfortable staypool sideairporttennispoolsidecrewschaletenvironment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Located close to the Accra International Airport and in the main business center of Accra, there is no reason why not to stay here.
I have stayed there on numerous occasions in the past and hopefully I will stay there many more times.
The rooms are lovely, always very clean and with almost all the ‘Bells & Whistle’s” one expect from a good hotel – a Good solid bed with clean linen, A/C, Free Wi-Fi, Save deposit box, Mini freezer and a Coffee/tea tray. Negatives – Very poor, if not pathetic TV program selection and reception as well as my favorite gripe - carpets in the bedrooms!!!
The bathrooms, which include a bath/shower combination, washbasin and toilet, are in very good condition and very clean with all the necessary toiletries. Hot water is also not an issue here, it's always available.
The dining room is well positioned next to the pool and the furniture and cutlery is in very good condition.
Breakfast is “way-out”. If you enjoy a good breakfast, try this one! I do a lot of travelling and enjoy good food and take my word, the fresh fruit, yogurt and bacon is exceptional. Occasionally they have a ginger/fruit mix drink which also makes me go for 2nd’s 3rd’s and 4th’s.
Dinner is also very good but maybe a bit expensive for what you get.
I believe there is an in-house gym on the premises, there is a very nice pub to relax, they do cater for conferences, there is a business center and they do have a few shops which include a beauty parlor.
Great Hotel and little reason not to stay there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jacob312613
Bertha d, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Accra, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your detailed feedback on our hotel.

We appreciate your positive comments, and the areas of concern you indicated have been improved.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The food and restaurant service is good, handy location and plenty of places to sit and meet. However it's pricey for the level of service. This is my second and last visit because of that. At check in there were three desks open, the lady at the first looked shocked when I asked to check in and directed me to the third,where the guy spent more time on the phone than attending to me, eventually I got my room which was OK, but the shaving mirror was dusty and old soap was left in the shower tray. I waited for help in the business centre for a long time and in the cafe had to go and ask for service. Sorry guys you're just not good enough for $ 260 a night!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

We regret we were unable to meet your expectations. Action has been taken to improve on the areas of concern.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I must say here that I have not actually stayed here, this review is a reflection of meetings. The food is good for a lunch meeting, we mostly took a table by the pool which added a nice backdrop (especially as Emerates use the place if you get my drift).

As a Brit I tried the all day breakfast, if you take my recommendation have the sausage and not the bacon and make sure the beans are hot. First time round I asked for bacon as well as sausage (you choose either) and the beans had to go back - picky? perhaps but in Ghana beans go on salad, cold, not on all day breakfasts, hot.

You get the usual thing here of the waiting staff only remember the last instruction so if you order food and drink for a party of more than 3 then you will wait ages and ages, there will be errors on the orders where the drinks are not as ordered. If you have tea, ask for 'fresh' milk otherwise you get carnation and be prepared for everything to come at different times, slowly.

As I say, nice pool though

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your feedback on our hotel and service delivery at our Food & Beverage outlets have been improved with regular on-the-job training.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Relatively small rooms, a little run-down, but clean and functional.

Breakfast and food was good, as one would expect in this category.

Location close to the airport is an obvious advantage but hardly any jet noise as one might expectd.

Price level is quite high, service would benefit from training and could increase level of attention.

I will consider this hotel for future trips to Accra.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Bertha d, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Accra, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2015

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your feedback on our hotel. We assure you that regular on-the-job trainings are in place to enhance service delivery.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Seriously overpriced for what you get. I arrived at 7pm and was told that house keeping was still cleaning rooms and had to wait for an hour to get a room..... Not ideal after an 8 hour flight. I was in a "basement" room (ground floor unit you had to walk down stairs to get to as the lift was not working) with a not so great tiny bathroom and yet I paid 240 euros a night? The door on the room rattled everyti,e another guest in the corridor opened and shut their door, I had to shove toilet paper in the door at night to stop it rattling. Food was not great and expensive. Seriously average and expensive experience.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.

We assure you that our facilities have been totally refurbished and food and service greatly improved. You can view the current state of the hotel on our website: www.goldentulipaccrahotel.com