“Not bad - basic”
Review of Golden Tulip Accra

Ranked #20 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed here awhile back and forgot to review it. I didn't have a bad experience, but I didn't have a great experience. If you're from the US this is like a Hampton Inn or Marriott Courtyard. I always tell my American friends that when you visit Accra you have to change you expectations.

Note: Good hotel to use when traveling to and from the airport.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rad79
Bertha d, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Accra, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We assure you improvements have been ongoing to meet guests’ expectations.

There are newer reviews for Golden Tulip Accra

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Convenient for Airport, spacious, rooms clean and comfortable and well serviced. Large bar/dining area serving good food at breakfast and dinner. Staff were great, friendly and always very welcoming. Door keys/cards did struggle both on the rooms and the security access to the bedroom block - keep room cards away from mobiles I believe. Not cheap at $300 B&B on a Corporate rate however if accepting that this is the going rate for hotels in Accra then this isn't bad value.

Room Tip: Room 027 is on the lower floor (lift indicates floor 1 - minor confusion) - quiet and comfortable, l...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and will share your positive comments with all our staff.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Convenient location along Liberation Road means that it is minutes from the airport and Osu and Cantonment area. The hotel is large with full service like a gym and pool. Gerat location for business meeting. F&B option are great especially the breakfast buffet. Can try out some of the local dishes without hesitation. Great jazz pianist playing at the coffee house and at night has some cool highlife music playing at the pool. Has a great business centre..important for business needs. Internet connection are stable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sza1968

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are happy you had a pleasurable stay and very much appreciate your positive comments.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My review is in relation to a visit to the Hotel restaurant on Friday 16th November for lunch. Service was slow, we had to in the end call a waiter to take our order, even though there was about 4 of them standing around chatting in the buffet section of the restaurant. I ordered an avocado salad but waiter returned to inform me no avocado. I chose a greek salad instead.

I cannot fault the taste of the salad, it was quite delicious. However by evening I was suffering stomach cramps and to put it as delicately as possible was a frequent visitor to our toilet at intervals of 10 minutes throughout the night. Today, Monday 19th November, I still have pains and I am still unable to eat. As I fly home to UK on holiday Wednesday I am more than a little anxious.

Whoever is overseeing your kitchen cleanliness needs to be reprimanded. I can only assume that my salad leaves were not properly washed in clean water.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Watchfuleye15
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Old Hotel from Accra , this hotel is cpnvenient by his location especially for business since Accra is a city very very struggled by traffic jam !
The service is good , but the price is absolutely not justified for this hotel surfing on his reputation , but choice in Accra are limited , then what to do ?

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Xavier R

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We have put in place value added benefits which have been ongoing in order to offer value to our guests.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights on a business trip. Unfortunately the other hotels were full. The rooms were well sized, but simple. My room only had a shower and the water was lukewarm at best, despite several complaints to maintenance.

The service at the front desk was excellent, but it ends there. The restaurant and bar staff were extremely unattentive despite there being an army of them.

on my first day i came down to breakfast and it was dreadful. i opted for pastries that were passable. The hotel and service need a major overhaul. I will not be coming back.
My room was on a smoking floor, and there was a pervasive smell of smoke wafting under the adjoining door.

Room Tip: Insist on a non smoking floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Phantomreviewer280

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We assure you your concerns were addressed and improvements have been ongoing to provide guests with a pleasurable experience.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I travelled here for work, and I felt that I didn't get anywhere near the value.
My room was very old and tired - I did get to see one of the renovated rooms which seemed better, but still I wonder at the value (the place was booked for me, but if other places were cheaper and in good state, I would think you would stay there).
The airport shuttle worked well - although coming in, they made us wait for a while for another flight. Leaving was great as I got straight on and taken to the airport.
The breakfast was ok - some items, didn't inspire confidence though.
Had a Club sandwich at a lunch there, which I was only ok.
Had a bit of trouble with paying (they applied the wrong amount the first time and in the morning I had to make up the difference, but the person in the morning, didn't want to believe that my credit card would work, even though it had the morning before, until she finally went to the right machine).
I used the gym and the machines were once good quality I think, but now are really warn down and a bit dangerous (the running maching would stick which would make you lurch, which could end in falling off or hitting your teeth)
So this hotel I think just did the job, but for the cost, I have to say it is poor. Even at less than half the cost, I would only rate it as average.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jay J
Bertha d, Director of Sales at Golden Tulip Accra, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2015

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our hotel has been totally refurbished. Furthermore, improvements have been regularly ongoing in all areas to maintain the international standards of the Golden Tulip Brand.