“A Professional New Cafe/Restaurant In Northern Accra”

H-Street Cafe & Grill
Ranked #188 of 287 Restaurants in Accra
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I visited H-Street Cafe & Grill with my fiancee on Valentine's Day, where we had some lunch along with a couple of friends.

This place is one of several exciting new restaurant options in Accra, which provides a great alternative to having strictly local fare. The meals consist of burgers, pizza, salads, pasta, as well as some local dishes. I had pizza, which was not too bad, although not up to the calibre of the Italian restaurants you will find in Osu. My fiancee had grilled chicken & rice, which she regarded as being reasonably good. In addition, I had a vanilla milkshake, which was pretty good.

I really liked the interior - there was a HD television, and all the fitting were modern. The staff were very polite. The only thing I would criticize is that there was a fee to use the wi-fi, which I think in this day and age is a little ridiculous. Most people will be at a place like that for around an hour, so why not follow the examples of some of the coffee house chains around the world, and offer free wi-fi as a drawcard to coming, rather than an extra service, as most people will use very little of the service during their very short time there.

As a suggestion, I felt that maybe a verandah at the front & a pool table would also attract customers. I hope that when I return to Accra, that H-Street Cafe & Grill is fully established (it's a relatively new venture as of Feb 2012). It's not all that far from the Achimota Golf Club, which I go to often, so I hope to visit there before my golf games in the future.