“Over-Priced and Shady”
Review of LUXE Suites

LUXE Suites
Ranked #42 of 262 Accra B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel seemed like it hasn't been updated since the 50's. it looks nothing like the online photos! The room was pretty clean and had running water, and a/c.
They took my credit card for a deposit but insisted on a cash payment. They offered breakfast but we were eager to hit the road. Over all it's ok for Ghana but there is probably nicer places for the price.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
LUXEGroupAccra, Owner at LUXE Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Hello,

Thank You for staying at LUXE Suites. I am surprised that you felt the rooms were represented incorrectly on the internet. All of the pictures were taken at our hotel and are exact photos of our Executive rooms. There are no pictures on the internet that are not real photos of our hotel and it is a disappointment to hear someone is claiming that. We have not misrepresented our hotel in anyway, and we firmly refute that claim. Our hotel is less than two years old so unless it is the style of the rooms that is causing you to compare it to the 1950's then I also disagree with that. I chose the design myself, as an owner under 30 years old, I am pretty sure that is untrue. All of our rooms have furniture less than 2 years old, and Flat Screen televisions. Our hotel is among the most competitively priced hotels in the Cantonments area, but I am sure you can find cheaper hotels in Accra, but not in our area. We Thank You again for staying with us and hope you enjoyed your stay in Ghana.

Coretta A. Owusu
Executive Director, LUXE Group
JD Candidate, University of Pennsylvania Law School '14

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at LUXE suites for our very last night in Ghana, and it did not disappoint. After staying in budget hotels for the past month we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and size of the room we got. We were also very happy to see that the room had air conditioning, hot water, and free wifi. Not only was the room great, but the staff was very helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond their duties, and were very accommodating. They allowed us a late checkout at no extra cost and also allowed us to keep our heavy luggage locked up while we spent the day in Accra waiting for our evening flight. We appreciated everything they did for us and would recommend this hotel to our friends and anyone staying in Accra.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Whitney B
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed at Luxe Suites for a week during my stay in Accra, and I would definitely recommend this hotel as a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were beautiful and spacious and VERY clean. The service was excellent and the entire staff very accomodating. The complimentary breakfast every morning was also very good. The hotel itself is in a fairly quiet area, which was really nice, but it was also very easy to catch a cab from outside the hotel to get pretty much anywhere in a reasonable amount of time (airport, mall, city center, etc). The manager was also very kind and allowed us to stay in our room past the checkout time as I had a late flight out of Accra. I definitely plan to stay there again on all my future trips to Accra.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is the most awful hotel I've ever stayed. They gave the room, but did not mention they have construction of the building. So they give the rooms only on the first floor. First of all it seems that the walls are made from rice paper. Every sound is like in your room. For the double room they give only one breakfast, for the second person you must pay additional fee. First night we came back to the hotel quite late went to bed and suddenly found out that it's impossible to turn off the light, they gave us another room and we were to move all our belongings by ourselves, the duty reseptionist just looked at us and enjoyed the show. Second morning they began to drill the wall in our bathroom from outside. In the room there is no shampoo and soap. And all this you get "only " for 100$.

Room Tip: Do not stay there
Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Nataly B
Reviewed May 12, 2012

LUXE Suites is a first rate hotel and the best I have been to in all my time visiting Ghana. It will certainly be my hotel of choice going forward. Everyone there is courteous, kind, and respectful and I could not have had a better stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Linda O, Guest Relations Manager at LUXE Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Thank you Madam! We hope to see you again soon. We absolutely loved hosting you and your husband!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Luxe Suites and was what my vacation needed! A great hotel, friendly staff and a good restaurant. I am guaranteed to stay here during my next visit to Ghana.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I wanted to take a break from the stressful Accra scene so went for a couple of nights at Luxe Suites. The room was very lovely and very relaxing. It was nice to find a little bit of luxury for a decent price in Accra.

The service was great, the food lovely. The adjoining restaurant was also fantastic with a lovely variety of asian food.

All in all it was a relaxing and luxurious break. A wonderful place for people to go for a romantic break, or simply just a break.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo