“Love this place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 95 Hotels in Accra
Atlanta, Georgia
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Great room, friendly people who were extremely accommodating with my difficult travel schedule. Beautiful grounds and centrally located for my business. I had the chance to chat briefly with the owner and was impressed with his vision for his properties. I will be returning in a month or so and will choose to stay here. I have stayed at other hotels while in Accra and although some were quite nice, they do not compare to La Villa.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank journeyfolk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I love this hotel, an enchanted presence in the midst of a busy section of Accra. The rooms are charming and spacious, the restaurant offers wonderful cuisine and the poolside area is relaxing. I have spent time there on three trips to Accra and have found is a relaxing and incredibly accommodating place with a great staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank JPHicks
Mounia L, Manager at La Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear JPHicks,

Thanks for your comments - we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay(s) with us and hope to welcome you again soon. It's always a pleasure to see our regular guests around.

Until next time ...

Nijmegen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I value this place highly for being a ''quiet hotspot'' in the middle of colourful, lively & vivid Accra. There is a friendly atmosphere and a good place to be after a hard day's work! So what is there better than a beer or a cocktail in the garden near the swimming pool to relax.

Room Tip: I went there frequently and all the rooms I had were very quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear 718PeterG,

It was great to have you here with us - we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Our peaceful environment in the heart of bustling Accra is certainly a key feature which we do enjoy ourselves very much too!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and the TripAdvisor community!

Libreville, Gabon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

I loved the place. Nice, well organised lovely setting with the restaurant & the pool. Staff were very helpfull and kind. The rooms are good. Nice Bahtroom! Breakfast with fruit and all nice items

Wil stay there again no doubt

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mounia L, Manager at La Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear stanleyslagmolen,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us - we certainly look forward to welcoming you again soon.

All the best from the team at La Villa Boutique Hotel!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I never stayed in this hotel but had the opportunity to escort a friend who was lodging in n I must say I was greeted by one of the sweetest fragrances I've ever come across. . the rooms were a delight to watch, pool area was on point. I hope to treat myself one weekend in this fab hotel. .comparatively very small but very classy

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Derek R
Dear Derek R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your first impressions of our hotel even though you have not stayed with us yet! We certainly hope to welcome you very soon so you can fully enjoy your visit and take advantage of all our facilities.

St. Andrews, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I love La villa boutique for drinks or just to sit and read. Its one of the few places where the staff are welcoming, attentive and engage with you in a conversation in Accra. It also suits my needs as a mum of a small child.

I was not so impressed with my food, the one time I ordered food. Although the service is incredibly faultless my Frutti di Mare that arrived was dissapointing as it seemed more like a mixed seafood stir fry than what I expected it to be. When I asked about who prepared it I was told someone from the kitchen may have prepared it as the chef was not around. This I found disapointing but it has never stopped me from going back. It's far too good to hold a grudge but I would ask first if the chef is around when I intend to eat. However the cocktails are great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank YaaSFumanti
Mounia L, Manager at La Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear YaaSFumanti,

Thank you for letting us know about your visit at La Villa Boutique Hotel. As always we will pass on your comments to our staff to encourage them to always provide the best customer service possible as it clearly doesn't go unnoticed.

We are however sorry that your food order did not match your expectations. We strive to serve all dishes in a consistent manner and we can only apologise that it wasn't the case on this occasion. We will ensure this is passed on to our chef who will brief the kitchen team accordingly.

On your next visit you may want to try Gusto, our new Italian restaurant, located at the back of the hotel. If you ever fancy traditional Italian specialties then this is definitely the place to go to in Accra!

All the very best,

Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel for dinner with a friend who is over in Ghana for 2 weeks. When the waiter came to take our drinks order he suddenly excused himself and left us for 5 mins feeling a little puzzled. However, when he came back he was very helpful when we were choosing what to drink. When he came to serve us our food he unfortunately dropped one of the plates in the floor. We were both very hungry but luckily the replacement did not take long at all. He was so apologetic and it was an accident - another couple if friends joined us for drinks after, and we all thought the service was fab. This was the first time I've eaten here and I Definitely will again. I thought the pasta was great and the choice for a vegetarian really good for Ghana. Pool area is lovely and my friend took to coming in the day to sunbathe despite having a membership for her stay elsewhere. There was a couple of times when we had to go to the bar to order another drink as they were no waiters around to call, however as soon as the guy behind the bar realised he would come out. Great atmosphere, food and service,

• Stayed March 2014
      Cleanliness
Mounia L, Manager at La Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Akosua A,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's always nice to read about guests and visitors enjoying themselves, and we'll make sure to communicate your views to our Restaurant Manager and her team.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the slight slowness of service at times, we will certainly continue to work towards improving ourselves to ensure this avoided wherever possible.