“Best hotel in Ghana”

Ranked #8 of 92 Hotels in Accra
American Canyon, California
“Best hotel in Ghana”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

La Villa Boutique is a Hotel to say seriously wow!!!!!! what a hotel i stayed at La Villa hotel it was wonderful the staffs are friendly, services excellent, management is flexible very open to all guest in the hotel i love that, the ambiance is good , location perfect close to airport , embassies.

Room Tip: room 102 , 103, 205, 106,201, 216 they nice rooms all their rooms are nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NeuSander, Manager at La Villa Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Jeremy N,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us here at La Villa, your comments are greatly appreciated.

We strive to ensure our guests feel as relaxed and as welcome as possible here at the hotel; I'm so pleased that your experience with us was a memorable one.

On behalf of the whole team here at La Villa we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in Accra.

Warmest regards,

CEO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Having lived, worked and travelled in Accra Ghana for over a year, I can say without a doubt that this is the BEST hotel for both business and pleasure. In the perfect location, accommodating staff, beautiful pool side restaurant and clean, spacious rooms---it is above and beyond anything one would expect! While both the Movenpick and Villa Monticello offer similar experiences, La Villa Boutique is far superior in its customer service, its staff and its location. 5 STARS!

1 Thank Elizabeth R
Dear Elizabeth R,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experiences from your stay at La Villa. Your feedback is much appreciated. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed our rooms and Soprano Restaurant and also found our location to be a convenient one. Osu is certainly a vibrant part of Accra, with many sights and sounds to offer!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the the hotel hopefully in the not too distant future.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my 4th or 5th time staying at this hotel, and while I still think it offers the best value in Accra, I was again disappointed at the levels of customer service provided by its front desk staff, wait staff, and even management. Twice I asked for a hair dryer from the manager and front desk, and only after i went there personally and asked again was it procured. And the hair dryer was not in good working shape.
I stayed 2 nights at the beginning of my trip, and the room (111?) was nice and quiet. The shower water was consistently hot. But for the last night of my visit, I was in room 216, far inthe back behind the pool area. That may sound nice,as it's far from the central gathering point of most guests, but this room is on the edge of the hotel property and thus general street noise was a big problem that interrupted my sleep many times. Also, the shower, while spacious, never had consistent hot water. It literally would go from (nearly hot) to cool, to warm to cool and again and again..every 5-10 seconds. I informed the front desk after the first such experience and asked them to send someone to fix it. That never happened.

The food was good and usually served in a timely enough fashion.The waiters are friendly enough but they still lack some basic customer service skills..

Dear latinojeff,

Thank you for your review and feedback of your time with us at La Villa, your comments are much appreciated.

I'm sorry to hear that your room change resulted in an unsatisfactory end to your stay. We have now changed the thermostat in the bathroom, thank you for making us aware of this issue. I also apologise for the Front Desk's lack of efficiency when dealing with your requests. We strive to ensure that the needs of our guests are always adhered to, but clearly we failed in this area during your time with us.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patronage of La Villa. This being your 5th time at the hotel means a great deal to us. We will endeavour to improve on our customer service so that your 6th stay with us will be one to remember.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and thank you again for your constructive comments.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had the opportunity to work in Accra and was given this hotel to stay in. Accommodation was clean and spacious. Staff where very attentive. Restaurant was more than adequate. Close to restaurants and shops. Would definitely recommend this to others looking for an upmarket well located hotel.
Room has power, internet (cable and wi-fi) and air-conditioning.
The hotel appears to be going through a significant refurbishment and so things should only get better.
Is everything perfect - No, but you are in West Africa! So I was willing to wait if something needed fixing. I did not mind that I could hear the generator, because that meant I had electricity when others did not.

Room Tip: Most rooms are well situated, although those that back onto pool and restaurant may get noise on Fri...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SHW042
Dear SHW042,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

During your next stay if you need somewhere to conduct a meeting, you might be interested to know we now have a Conference Room situated on the terrace upstairs.

Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you back to La Villa in the future.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I traveled to Accra for work and this was my first visit to this city. The hotel on the outset looked like a decent hotel, though not like regular ones as it is a boutique hotel. It is an embassy converted to a hotel and hence is quite unusual in terms of layout.

Service - The service was quite bad and the bed linens, towels, etc. were quite dirty and worn out.

Room - The room was comfortable apart from being a little noisy. The bathrooms were horrible as they are not air-conditioned and Accra can get really humid at times. Also the soap and shampoo dispensers were really dirty and are huge bottles that are refilled time and again.

Food - The service at the restaurant was decent and the food tasted quite good. The restaurant is the only good part of the entire hotel as it is by the pool and hence an evening with friends can be quite relaxing. The breakfast was quite bad including the breads they served.

Hotel amenities - The pool is hardly a pool and is more like a small pond. The rooms around the pool can be quite noisy due to constant influx of people to the restaurant. As mentioned earlier the restaurant is quite good.

Check-in and out - The check-out was an unpleasant experience and took almost 90 minutes to complete due to credit card machine failure, multiple charges not mentioned earlier were also charged in the last moment. This included credit card usage fee and some tourism tax. We had received clear rates from the hotel over e-mail as I was traveling on behalf of my company and we had written confirmation that the rates provided included all charges, but they would just not comply with that statement.

There are better options available in Accra. I moved to Labadi Beach Resort from this hotel and it was a great experience there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank PiyushKedz
Dear PiyushKedz,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Firstly, I must apologise for the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. We strive to ensure our guests’ stays are relaxing and memorable. Clearly we were not able to deliver to our usual standards during your time at La Villa and for this we are truly sorry.

Regarding your experience of our bedding and towels; we are in the process of replenishing our current linens. Our house keeping team is rigorous when it comes to cleaning of the laundry and clearly we failed to deliver in this area during your stay with us.

I’m sorry your checkout experience was not a seamless one. We will certainly work to improve on the efficiency of card transactions on the front desk and make sure that all reservation confirmations clearly state the additional charges.

We would love to invite you back to La Villa and I would like to deal personally with your reservation. Please contact me directly, and I will be happy to ensure you are allocated one of our finest Suites.

Myself and my team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and making your next La Villa experience a memorable one.

s.neu@lavillaghana.com
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I am a seasoned traveler over five continents, including Sub-Saharan Africa. I was on a business trip and the hotel had been booked by the organization I was working with, at the time. I must say that this hotel was a nice surprise. Rooms (not many) are well designed, comfortable and elegant, up to international standards for boutique hotels in all respects. Service was good. The restaurant is just OK though, and after a couple of dinners there I decided to go out and look for some more variety. On the overall this was a very enjoyable experience, and there are not that many true boutique hotels in Africa. Hopefully they will (or have already) put some more efforts on the food aspect of hospitality management and they will be "excellent".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank patcane
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I Booked the hotel through thier web-site.
They charged 10% of the total accommodation rate from my card. Then I stayed there for days.
When I checked out, they did not consider the initial payment that I have already paid.
They totally ignored my claim.
I have been contacting them but they have been totally igonoring.

Be careful. When you book the hotel through the web-site, something wrong might happen like I have already had.

To make the matter worse, they charge us the extra fee (2~3%, I do not remember) in case useing the cards (VISA/MASTER etc.).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business