“Why I chose to stay at the Rayporsh Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rayporsh Hotel

Rayporsh Hotel
Rayporsh Hotel
Ranked #75 of 209 Accra B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

On our way from Canada to Liberia, we planned a stop to see Accra for 2 days. This hotel had been recommended by expats in Liberia and we made email contact with the owner, Ray. He had every thing planned for us and our stay was amazing! The room was very modern and so comfortable and the food was great. They helped us rent a car with a driver, suggesting all the important sites to see in Accra. There was great free service to and from the airport. The hotel is close to the airport but tucked away in a quiet suburb. It is small but modern with beautiful gardens and patio in the back. We would definitely stay there again if we go to Accra!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New Germany, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I was very disapointed when I arrived at the Rayporsh Hotel in Accra. At the beginning when i wanted to use my Credit Card to pay, they said they wouldnt accept it (even though they have the sticker at the entrance). So, as tired as I was, I had to walk to find a bank to withdraw some money to pay the hotel.
In the queens room, I wanted to take a shower. unfortunately there wasnt any water. When I complained about it, the two women at the counter told me that I didnt have the right to complain about those things. They said that they would throw me out of the hotel if I continued to complain. I tried to make them understand that I wasnt complaining about them, but about the fact that I needed water to shower, especially in a hot country like Ghana.
When I left, I tried using my credit card again and this time, surprise surprise, they accepted it!!!
I dont understand what their problem was. They were very rude to me. The Hotel gives a good impression ont he outside, but the inside is very disapointing. The Male visitors were treated very politely, but I, a woman, was treated with no respect.

I was also very disspointed with the food. It was lousy and the service was slow! I paid so much money for the hotel and all I got was rudeness.

Dont be deceived about the fake recessions given here. IT WAS A COMPLETE DISASTER.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Tripfan1773269
RAY R, Owner at Rayporsh Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear Rayporsh guest,
Management has researched your complains and it was determined that you had arrived in Africa from Canada with a pre-conceived notion that you have a passionate hatred against white people visiting Africa and that was the root cause of all your animosity which you openly expressed at the Rayporsh Hotel thinking the white guests we being treated better than you..Our staff had observed and heard you on several occasions using racial slurs against all the white guests at the Rayporsh Hotel.
Dear guest please note that we treat all our valued guests equally and with the utmost respect regardless of their ethnicity, who they are or where they come from.
Pertaining to our credit card POS machine, sometimes when the banking systems are down its virtually impossible to do any credit card POS transactions but given time the POS transactions goes through when the banking system comes up. In any case we do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused you...
In regards to the water issue, Rayporsh hotel has never had water problems since there is a constant flow of water supply and in addition to that we do have four 2000 liters polytank reservoirs as a back up for any water supply interuptions so we're not sure why you are saying there was no water while you were going to take a shower..We have never had any water shortages to inconvenience our guests..
Our kitchen services are superb and we try to serve all orders expeditiously to satisfy our valued guests and if any delays were caused we sincerely apologize..
However since we're a customer service satisfaction guaranteed hotel, we look forward to any potential guest to come lodge with us...
Rayporsh Hotel Management Team..

Travelers are raving about these Accra hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

After a hard long flight from Paris, via Brussels, arrived at the airport in Accra with the owner himself coming to pick me up (later informed by other colleagues that he had gone to pick them up himself). I dreaded pulling up to one of the skyscraper hotels close to airport (had been told this hotel was close to the airport) but breathed a sigh of relief when we pulled into a large-ish looking compound. Was greeted by colleagues crowed round the provided computers, finalising their presentations for the following morning and the staff seemed very helpful in printing and making copies. I wanted to go straight to bed but was hungry so ordered delicious fish and plantain which arrived in minutes. Ate and went to sleep. The next day was spent in the conference room which was well conditioned with all the amenities provided by any hotel in the UK. The staff were helpful, food was a delight, the room was amazing (massive) and pulsing hot showers (a luxury in African hotels).
Would definitely go and stay at Rayporsh everytime I travel to Ghana.

Room Tip: Only rated spa as terrible as there's no spa!!!