“Not a bad hotel, surprisingly good”
Review of The Aknac Hotel

The Aknac Hotel
Ranked #8 of 230 Accra B&B and Inns
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Not a bad hotel, surprisingly good”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I read many reviews from Trip advisor before booking, and I agree with most comments, but it cannot be regarded as a 300USD a night hotel I have stayed in a few in Accra and this hotel is not that good at all.

It is value for money and you will not be disappointed if you are looking for an airport hotel, it is remote, I stayed for 2 nights and would not want to stay longer, it is a long way from anything, but was perfect for the last two days of a busy trip before I flew back to UK, a nice place to chill out.

I was advised to get a room with a pool view and it was good..............the pool is no good if you are not a good swimmer it has no shallow end, which is a big design fault................there is a baby kiddie pool or the deep end, nothing in between, be warned!!

Room Tip: get a pool view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Charles L
TheAknacHotel, Front Office Manager at The Aknac Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Charles L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate the feedback and positive comments.

In response to your comments on the swimming pool, we have three pools; 2 of which are geared towards non swimmers (2ft and 3ft) and a large pool which has shallow end along with a deep end which is 6ft. We apologise if you encountered any difficulties as the pool has been designed for all to enjoy.

With regards to our location, we are located in a residential area, however the hustle and bustle of Accra's busy life is a short drive away and we are happy to assist guests with taxi's.

Once again, many thanks for visiting The Aknac Hotel and we hope to see you again.

With kindest regards
Front desk supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks,the staff made me feel very at home with a pleasant and friendly manner. Very comfortable, the atmosphere was amazing with the decor. at times i didn't wont to leave for my daily excursion and appointments i had in Accra.
Food was marvelous and the senior managers very charming and delightful.

I found the hotel so relaxing, in the evenings i came apart of the furniture lounging at the bar most days.
Would love to go back!

Room Tip: I recommend room 213
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Neil H
Dear Neil H,

It was lovely to have you stay with us for those 2 weeks. The staff thoroughly enjoyed your company during the evenings and we thank you for the positive comments.

Wishing you all the very best with your business ventures!

Essex UK
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

As the taxi driver drove off the motorway onto a dusty road I thought oops I must have made a mistake ... Until he turned right and into the Aknac Hotel. This I'd the most opulent hotel I have stayed in Africa hats off to the owners he has put her mark on this hotel very stylish

Food I would give 10/10 fantastic flavours and made to your specification

Service 9/10 great customer service only have 9 because I ordered food at 10.30pm and didn't get it until12 but shows they made the good from scratch rather than warmed up

Atmosphere 10/10 relaxing atmosphere where you could do business

Location 8/10 yes outside Accra city centre but is literally 15 min cab ride into the hustle and bustle

I spent a day in the Golden Tulip during my stay and Aknac in my opinion beat it on all fronts

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Gbenga7
Dear Gbenga,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciative and we are delighted to hear the positive comments.

We thank you for visiting us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I took a tour group to this location in 2013 and we all enjoyed our stay. However, there are some things that needed changing, but the owner is aware of all of them. It took us a very long time to get food and drinks served in the dining area, the food ran out before all of my guest could be served, an elevator/lift is needed, and some room keys don't work. In spit of those things, the owner did speak with me and apologized. She even compensated me for the issues we experienced...not to mention the staff was great! I would recommend you try this location, but do know it is far from city life.

The pool area and rooms are nice. The food was tasty as well. I don't have any complaints about my room at all or the manner in which the owner tries to be present to assist guest with issues. I think with customer service training and additional improvements this hotel can be a stellar place to stay while visiting Accra, Ghana.

Room Tip: I reserved 8 rooms and all of them were nice, but check the door keys.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MonnieBB
Dear Monnie BB,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are most appreciative of the positive comments and feedback provided. We are delighted that the previous issues encountered were corrected and that we were able to deal with any issues during your stay.
We do have a lift within the hotel and once we are alerted, room keys can be simply rectified.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your group as our guests and we hope to welcome you some time in the future.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel is good, the service, the staff everything is excellent and I would have recommended this hotel had it been within the city. It doesn't look very far (on Google maps) but the roads are very crowded and it will take you an hour or more to reach the city. This probably explains why there were so few people in the hotel.

The hotel has a nice swimming pool as well.

The adjoining neighbourhood has nothing and it is not recommended to go out of the hotel post sunset.

Also, the glass door connecting the balcony to the room did not lock in my room (worked fine in colleague's room). For me, it was not a safe location and with this, I did not feel safe.

Room Tip: Get a pool facing room which usually have nice breeze in the balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
TheAknacHotel, Front Office Manager at The Aknac Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel, we always appreciate receiving guest feedback. We are delighted with the positive comments made and will certainly feedback to our team.
We would also like to respond to some of the other points raised. As with all hotels worldwide, we have both busy and quiet periods. However, our hotel is a preferred destination by a lot of our guests due to its relaxed quiet ambience away from the busy hustle and bustle of Accra’s city centre. Although we are located slightly out of the city centre (20 minutes drive from the airport), as you have rightly mentioned, due to the traffic within Accra, journeys can be delayed. Our team is always on hand and we encourage guests to leave at particular times in order to avoid the rush hour.
In terms of our location, we are situated within one of the most affluent areas of Accra with lots of ongoing development. Accra has a great night-life which many of our guests enjoy after sunset. We arrange taxi’s to guests required destinations and also have a security team present 24 hours per day.

With regards to your balcony room door, we are sorry to hear that you had issues within locking the door. Our reception team are available 24 hours per day and a member of the maintenance team would have been more than happy to resolve this issue.

Thank-you for visiting us, it was a pleasure to have you and your colleague as our guests and we wish you the best for the future.

Kind regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and had a fabulous stay within this lovely hotel. The staff were just wonderful, from the management to the housekeepers with a special mention of the reception staff all of whom were especially polite, very professional and extremely helpful.My room was very nice and exceptionally clean.

The restaurant was nice with great meals.

All in all a wonderful trip and I wish them the best.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank selmas234
TheAknacHotel, Front Office Manager at The Aknac Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay. We are most appreciative that you choose to stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

All the best

Delran, New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

The Aknac Hotel is great value for money with clean and well maintained rooms and extremely helpful and accommodating. The property is hard to find, but worth the search in the long run. I'll stay at the Aknac Hotel any time I'm in Accra.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Montez S
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many thanks