“Clean.”

Ranked #8 of 230 Accra B&B and Inns
Lagos, Nigeria
“Clean.”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was visiting Accra for the first time and actually read reviews about the hotel before I decided to stay here. It is situated in a quiet area and not crowded. The room was very comfortable and very clean. A plus for me was the fast that the internet service was very fast.

The staff were also very friendly and helpful.Felt like a home away from home as opposed to the regular hotel feel. Will definitely stay here next time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank tola a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
UK
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The independent Aknac Hotel opened in September 2012, and in my view offers significant value for money over its larger, and corporate cousins, located within the City Centre. I always try to avoid the likes of the Golden Tulip, Novotel and Holiday Inn in Accra as they the price they charge in relation to the quality of service and facilities is disgusting. Thankfully, the Aknac Hotel falls way short of this.

Granted the hotel is located in a more remote, yet highly affluent area of East Legon (allow at least 60 minutes for an airport transfer in the morning), but it does offer a clean, secure and relaxing environment to stay. The resturant provides a good choice of meals, including a complimentary breakfast, with excellent coffee. The rooms are tastfully decorated, beds comfortable, and bathrooms provide a "power shower" that actually works!

Being a business traveller, a stable and fast internet connection is always a high priority when staying in a hotel. Thankfully, the Aknac provides a free wi-fi connection that met my expectations.

So would I stay at the hotel again? Yes, but they need to keep their prices competitive and realise that are not going to compete with their larger corporate cousins; however, they currently offer quality and comfort to the business traveller, who like myself, tends to shy away from the larger corporate hotels in favour of indepedent outfits. Finally, the hotel is so new that hardly anyone knows about it, so don't expect a throng of guests staying at the same time - hopefully that will change as word and positive reviews of this place changes.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Iron_McG
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Our Visit to The Aknac Hotel in East Legon, Accra recently has been a great stay there. Aesthetically it is huge and and well ventilated with a beautiful set of pools and landscape around with three different restaurants. After a hard grinding busy day with pour clients we were treated to great hospitality overall. The "Goring"- their name for the suite we stayed in was expanse and beautifully decorated and maintained.The staff were very helpful and sincere in many aspects, for instance we needed a car to get to the Togo border- Aflao and had issues with the Car rental agency. The hotel management immediately stepped in to negotiate with the vendor, and when it did not materialize they arranged us with the Hotel's BMW for our trip to Lome.

We plan to make this hotel a common venue for our consultants visiting Accra and as well meeting our Clients. A great value for money and an example for the high standards of customer satisfaction!

Room Tip: Carry a gift with you - you might want to give it to the Hotel Staff by the end of your stay!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Premchand T
london
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a great hotel at a great price. Its super stylish, modern, and relaxing. The staff are very friendly and made me feel at home, to be honest I didn't want to leave.
I am now planning my second trip to Accra, Ghana next year and this is where I shall be staying again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Shirl123london
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel whilst visiting Ghana for a business trip. I frequently travel to Ghana and usually stay at the large 4/5* hotels. The Aknac Hotel offered me an excellent quality service which is of the same standard as the larger hotels. The staff were very pleasant and efficient. I ate in the restaurant on a regular basis. The menu has a nice variety and the dishes I had were very tasty and offered good portions. The hotel environment is relaxed and elegant. The owners seem to have played a lot of attention to details. My room was clean, comfortable and the wireless is excellent- very fast.

I would recommend this hotel to others and will be visiting again.

Room Tip: I had a first floor pool view room which was nice
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Matt J
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I visited The Aknac Hotel Ghana recently and thorougly enjoy my few days stay there. The decor is serene, clean and relaxing. The staff were very attentive and helpful in every aspect, I did not hire a car as I wasn't in Ghana for long but the hotel staff were very efficient and arranged the car service that I required when I attended the work meetings. My dietry requirements were politly meet by the waiting and kitchen staff on all occassions. I stayed at the hotel alone and found it's ambience relaxing and comfortable, perfect for a business trip. The hotel is ideally located within good reach to the city and only a short drive from the airport, which is a very important to me. This hotel is a beautiful boutique hotel bringing a touch of glamour without breaking the bank to a business trip. I was also very happy that the hotel is accuratley described within it's marketting literature and appears as portrayed. I will be returning on my next trip to Ghana.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Penny69_11
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I booked to stay at this hotel as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations; the staff were aware of this and went the extra mile to make our stay special. The hotel decor is stunning, it oozes luxury from the moment you enter the foyer. The staff are attentive and the everyone is so welcoming. The restaurant serves delicious, authentic cuisine and nothing is too much trouble for the chef - it was our first time in Ghana - he made sure that we sampled a range of local dishes! All in all I had a wonderful stay at the Aknac; it's in a great location and it truly is a beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple