Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,115 results
All reviewsexecutive floorbusiness triphuge poolexcellent hotelgreat facilitiesmain restaurantrooms are spaciousan oasisenjoyed my stayairport shuttlehome away from homedeligymafricapharmacysecuritytraining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed in Movenpick for only one day in October 2013 before heading to Kumasi to watch a match between Egypt and Ghana. Movenpick is almost the best hotel you can find in Accra. I was coming in a group and to minimize time for check-in, the hotel had prepared the room key for each person in advance and that was nice however all us us had to return back to the reception again as all the keys were not activated !!
The hotel provides a wireless internet service however you will be lucky if you can manage connecting to it by yourself. Again you need another journey to the reception to configure it for you.
The room was wonderful with its view facing the pool. Very good bathroom.
Food in general was good however for me choices were limited especially in Lunch and Dinner.
The hotel has a very good pool however I did not have enough time to use it.
Transportation from the hotel is not an issue as you will find lot of Taxis just outside the hotel and the hotel staff were nice to get you a taxi whenever you want it.
Good location just beside the National Theatre and within few minutes from the famous Art Centre.
Overall very good hotel especially when you are in Africa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Nadja M, Rooms Division Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Ahmedalhadidi

Thank you very much for selecting our hotel for your group and for the time taken to share your feedback.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to apologize for the issues with the keys. I do remember very well the moment and it was an error from our side. My sincere apology for this.

As to our Wifi coverage in the hotel I’m delighted to share with you that we have recently embarked on a project of upgrading our current Internet System with the latest state of the art technology which will provide all our guests with a large choice of Internet services. This project is currently on going and is scheduled for completion towards end of November. During the transition period current services will not be effected rather whenever a certain area is completed services will increase in the respective location.

Once again, it was a pleasure hosting you and your group and we hope to welcome you back one day here in Accra

nadja

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I really REALLY like the Moevenpick, I don't know why, because I haven't always had the best services here but I do.
Unfortunately, I will not be staying here again. There have always been issues with the internet anytime I stay here, sometimes minor, and if you spend the day at meetings outside the hotel, it doesn't really affect you. During my last trip, I spent more time at the hotel than outside and had a ton of work to do, unfortunately, there was no internet for the 2 days I was there and was told that had been the situation for a couple of days before I got to Accra.
For someone who was in Accra for business, this was a disaster, this is why I shall not be taking such risks again, and will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Olasimbo O
Nadja M, Rooms Division Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Olasimbo O

Thank you very much for your loyalty and for the time taken to share your feedback.

While we are delighted to see your most favorable comments as to cleanliness of the room, location and overall sleep quality we have noted with great concern your comments and observations as to our Internet services. We are delighted to share with you that we have recently embarked on a project of upgrading our current Internet System with the latest state of the art technology which will provide all our guests with a large choice of Internet services. This project is currently on going and is scheduled for completion towards end of November. During the transition period current services will not be effected rather whenever a certain area is completed services will increase in the respective location.

In closing should travel bring you back to this part of the world I would be more than delighted if you could contact me directly nadja.mueller@moevenpick.com in order to assist you with your booking at our hotel.

nadja

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Overall a positive feedback,

clean and good spacing in the room, quiet, good airconditioning, secure access to each floor, nice view to the pool, good food, while charges and prices are higher than expected.
Personnel should improve its skills and manners. Bath tap was faulty the first day, next morning a techician fixed it. Internet access not always fine. Not flexible with extra allowance of

Room Tip: with a view to hotel's pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NBX1964
Nadja M, Rooms Division Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear NBX1964

Thank you for your time taken to share your experiences about our hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I noted your comments about the manners of our team members. (if you would not mind, I would like to know more details about your observation - nadja.mueller@moevenpick.com)

Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back one day.

Nadja

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel speaks for its self ! Easily the best hotel in Western Africa. Tucked nicely into the menu is a local dish known as Tilapia , best served ( in my opinion ) with Banku , accompanied with a few sources ..........in conclusion - The most outstanding room service meal of all times ! In my opinion .

Room Tip: Aim for the executive floor fabulous value
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Wey2013

Dear Wey2013

Thank you for staying with us and thanks for the compliments about the Tilapia. It's indeed a delicious local speciality and I will pass your comments to our kitchen team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back

Regards
Nadja

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here for business with a group and the hotel looks great from the outside - gorgeous pool, nice lobby and lovely rooms with great bathrooms. Staff were also very friendly but not so helpful - in fact any time we needed any assistance we generally had a challenge. In terms of food – breakfast is great but that’s about all I’d recommend eating here.

Example - internet was spotty in several rooms and when you phone the desk to request help, you are promised someone will fix it within 15 minutes. If you call back in 30 minutes because nothing has happened, a typical response from the hotel / front desk staff is 'I MADE the request' - as if that is the only part of customer service that applies to them.

We also had challenges with the 'Concierge' desk which is really just a hotel car-hiring desk. If you need any other real concierge services - you will be directed to the front desk - who will try and direct you back to the Concierge desk if you don't tell them you've already been there.

The car service is very expensive and not always reliable. While the cars are all generally new and the drivers friendly and professional, they don't always know where they are going and lie if you ask them. I needed to attend an important business meeting about 15 minutes away and brought maps to review with the staff at the desk. They all agreed they knew where I needed to go and told the driver - who then got lost, had to stop and ask for directions 3 times and made us late for our meeting by 15 minutes. Leave a lot of time for travel if you are not able to personally direct the driver.

Another problem with the car desk is the pricing and availability - both which change frequently. We wanted to hire a car for an entire day and were told there was availability and quoted a price, which was quite high. When we asked about smaller cars / more economical options, we were told small cars are booked only one day in advance so to check back. When we did check back, we were pleased to hear there was a smaller car available, but were then told the hotel didn't 'advise' we use it - very frustrating!

Meetings were a challenge to and options tend to be couches in the lobby of $550 / US meeting rooms with nothing in between for small meetings and little help from the staff to identify alternate / creative solutions.

Overall, if you need to project an image of staying at a fancy hotel with a great pool – stay here. If you need a hotel that actually provides good service – look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the pool for the nicest view and requesst floors higher up to get away from the noise of the front lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 334Traveller
Nadja M, Rooms Division Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear 334Traveller

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback.
We sincerely appreciate the response from our guests as it is only in this way that we are able to continue improving the services and overall product which we offer.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay. We normally pride ourselves on the standards of service which we offer our guests however clearly, on this occasion; we have indeed not met those standards. Each of your concerns will be addressed and corrective measures will be taken. Nevertheless, we do hope that you will give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes and show you our true Swiss hospitality.

With kind regards