“top class”

Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Accra
Dublin
“top class”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Perhaps my judgement is impaired by my previous night's stay in the Royal Richester but I thought the Movenpick was truly excellent and it;s my preferred choice for Accra from now on.

Everything you;d expect plus a few welcome embellishments. I stayed in an Exec room with lounge access which was worth every penny and included nice touches such as two shirts ironed for free on arrival, complimentary use of the board room for up to 8 people up to 3 hours - very helpful. Late check out at 5pm at no extra cost - I rest my case.

Food was good, tasty burgers at the poolside served by waiters on roller skates. Massive breakfast buffet. Free snack and evening canapes in the exec lounge, served with free booze of course - the lobster cigars were especially nice!

In fact I'd rate the exec lounge on a par with that of the Hilton Canary Wharf in London, which was my previous favorite! The Movenpick benefits from a large balcony on which to smoke!

I found the wifi to be rapid and reliable as was the airport shuttle, we'll maybe not so rapid during rush hour (the shuttle that is!)

Top marks - top class hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is ok for business visits.
it is my first time to Ghana, the hotel is average.
in general the rooms and the bathrooms are ok no problem from that side.
few concerns:
- Wifi signal disapeared from my room after two days, and i asked in the reception few times and they calimed IT is doing somethign to the network, which turned out not true. since i was able to get the signal once i step out of my room.
after complaining few times they sent me and IT guy to fix it and it worked.
you cant ask for Fresh juice in any of the hotel resturants or bars, they simply dont serve it.

few pluses:
the service and the team are pleasent and helpuful in general.
hotel is not far from the airport with a very nice swiming pool.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in roughly 6 other hotels in Ghana, yes the movenpick is better on the surface and it will fulfill your need for more North American / European surroundings.
Our room was small, very little floor space. Bathroom was very nice, bed was very comfortable...all this was wasted on me as the moisture in the room and entire floor leaving a distinct mildew odar was hard to get past...had I not been exhausted on arrival I would have had our room changed. Upon checking out we asked for a compensation adjustment to our bill, but were met with a flat NO, they are aware of the problem and are working on it...check other TA postings and you'll see they haven't done anything.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank RBG-Halifax
Foshan
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

It's my first time to Ghana and was arranged to stay at Movenpick for a business trip. First of all Accra is quite a small city and old, but with recent business booming the whole city is starting to change, Movenpick will definitely catch your eyes, the size of land it takes is huge for a hotel in a small city.
The rooms was great but not perfect, some sockets doesn't have power, the in room docking station for iPod iPhone was faulty. The bed is comfortable but too soft for me, as for the bathroom it's spacious with very good water pressure. Overall experience at the hotel was great but there's some down side on the service of some of the staff. Stayed at the hotel for two nights assuming everything is fine then some unprofessional staff comes in, just keeps demanding for money before even serving, but I guess it's just some of the staff hope the hotel keeps regular training for their staff.

• Stayed January 2013
Saint-Maur-des-Fosses, France
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was staying inthis hotel for business purpose and I was really desapointed by the quality level in general ,especially when you pay around 300 usd per night!
Bad functionning of air cond (very humid ) ,many disfonctionningin my room during my stay ( window not closing proporly) ,lost of laundry etc.......
For sure I will not come back !
Ps : just one bemol, ghanean people working in the hotel were always extremely niceand smily

3 Thank Xavier R
StuartChase, General Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Xavier R,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay with us. I was very concerned to read that you were so disappointed with the quality levels in our Hotel and please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay.

We are normally proud of the services and facilities we offer to our guests however it is clear that on this occasion we fell short of our set standards and please rest assured that we take your feedback very seriously indeed.

Should you be travelling to Accra in the future we would like the opportunity to show our true Swiss hospitality and, to this end, please contact me personally on stuart.chase@moevenpick.com and I will gladly make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Our apologies once again and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence at some future date.

Kind regards,

Stuart Chase
Singapore
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I worked, met, and stayed here this week. The rooms are large and well-appointed. Nice lobby with good Internet. Pool area is huge and comfortable. Gym is done well, also.
The food is quite good, and there is good variety.
Only complaint is the Internet in the room. I called twice and they couldn’t fix it. So used lobby.

Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visit Accra in November with a group of 22 friends, in an African trip.
After Congo we found Ghana fantastically beautiful country.
We visit Accra in November with a group of 22 friends, in an African trip. After Congo we found Ghana a real gem. Arriving to Movenpick in the evening, we rapidly checked-in and found a nice welcome snack in the room. Our room had a nice view over the poll, was very clean, with great paintings and many amenities. Nice tea and cofee corner, fine bath indulgencies and a great staff.
Breakfast can be served inside or on the terrace which is very nice. Food is varied and delicious, service great and pool side quit nice. Pool bar has some skating waiters, cocktails are good.
The ambiance is fabulous, every floor has unique paintings and statues, in the lobby there is a beautiful leather carpet and everything for the guest to feel pampered.
The lunch can be served a la carte in the restaurant but the buffet is very good and varied( for a fix amount you can serve many courses of you choice).
Overall the hotel is a true 5 stars, with great value and I would definitely recommended it!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends