“highly expansive for a very average hotel !”

Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra
Ranked #2 of 90 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was staying inthis hotel for business purpose and I was really desapointed by the quality level in general ,especially when you pay around 300 usd per night!
Bad functionning of air cond (very humid ) ,many disfonctionningin my room during my stay ( window not closing proporly) ,lost of laundry etc.......
For sure I will not come back !
Ps : just one bemol, ghanean people working in the hotel were always extremely niceand smily

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Xavier R
StuartChase, General Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Xavier R,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments following your recent stay with us. I was very concerned to read that you were so disappointed with the quality levels in our Hotel and please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay.

We are normally proud of the services and facilities we offer to our guests however it is clear that on this occasion we fell short of our set standards and please rest assured that we take your feedback very seriously indeed.

Should you be travelling to Accra in the future we would like the opportunity to show our true Swiss hospitality and, to this end, please contact me personally on stuart.chase@moevenpick.com and I will gladly make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Our apologies once again and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence at some future date.

Kind regards,

Stuart Chase

Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I worked, met, and stayed here this week. The rooms are large and well-appointed. Nice lobby with good Internet. Pool area is huge and comfortable. Gym is done well, also.
The food is quite good, and there is good variety.
Only complaint is the Internet in the room. I called twice and they couldn’t fix it. So used lobby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visit Accra in November with a group of 22 friends, in an African trip.
After Congo we found Ghana fantastically beautiful country.
We visit Accra in November with a group of 22 friends, in an African trip. After Congo we found Ghana a real gem. Arriving to Movenpick in the evening, we rapidly checked-in and found a nice welcome snack in the room. Our room had a nice view over the poll, was very clean, with great paintings and many amenities. Nice tea and cofee corner, fine bath indulgencies and a great staff.
Breakfast can be served inside or on the terrace which is very nice. Food is varied and delicious, service great and pool side quit nice. Pool bar has some skating waiters, cocktails are good.
The ambiance is fabulous, every floor has unique paintings and statues, in the lobby there is a beautiful leather carpet and everything for the guest to feel pampered.
The lunch can be served a la carte in the restaurant but the buffet is very good and varied( for a fix amount you can serve many courses of you choice).
Overall the hotel is a true 5 stars, with great value and I would definitely recommended it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank IIoana
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was here during xmas and haven't really travelled in Africa before so cannot say i am surprised by anything at the stay. Good room, food and okay service. Not sure i really understood what i was being told but then again I am not sure i was understood either. Hotel is not very far but during the day it might as well be a 100 miles away with the traffic. Pleasant stay overall no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Natasha Z
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed in the Movenpick back in December, and I was pleasantly surprised at my arrival that I was upgraded to a junior suite due to lack of rooms, I think.
Staff was extremely friendly, restaurant is fantastic (especially if you're a vegetarian!), gym great, and pool is really nice. Comparing the rate to next door Novotel, I think it's great value for money. I am returning there by end January, and am looking forward for the stay. I have to test this time the standard room.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank joma0405
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May 2012 for ten days. On entering our room, we immediately noticed the room was very small for a ten day stay for two people and the bathroom was particularly poky with the bath hidden behind the door. Never mind the pervasive moulds smell in the whole room. We immediately called reception to ask for a better room and mentioned the problems, only to be told "this is the room you have been allocated". We then went downstairs to talk to staff face to face, only frustratingly, to be told the same thing again and again. We were treated like an irritation. We gave up.
Two days later, we had a call from the assistant general manager, who invited us to dinner which we accepted. He said he was asking a number of the longer staying guests to dinner so he could ascertain how they felt about the hotel. When we told him of our issues with the room, he was horrified and immediately called rooms division to change our room. In the morning, we were moved to a suite which was lovely, a world away from the poky room we had originally been in.
The pool and gym are very good, others services are lacking though for longer staying guests, and the range of shopping at the hotel is very limited.
The service was generally poor and I gave up trying to get information from the concierge and hospitality desk - again, I felt like we were being treated like an irritation.
The a la carte food was excellent. The steaks were the best we have had in a long time, and the wine list is also very good.
A little training will go a long way in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, hosting a breakfast and several meetings over four days. Service was brilliant throughout, though the executive lounge on the 6th floor has slow service in the dining area. Wifi throughout the building was excellent and the food served in the hotel restaurant and attached coffee shop was tasty and well presented. Christopher Williams, the duty manager on duty the final evening of my stay ended the experience in the same way for us, warm friendly conversation out on the hotel pool deck. Left feeling that I could return here often and for much longer stays.

Room Tip: Book restaurant tables ahead of time if conferences are in progress. Visit the attached sandwich...