Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
1,115 results
All reviewsexecutive floorbusiness triphuge poolexcellent hotelgreat facilitiesmain restaurantrooms are spaciousan oasisenjoyed my stayairport shuttlehome away from homedeligymafricapharmacysecuritytraining
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I usually stay at another hotel in Accra (also in the 250 USD range), but wanted to try out Movenpick that opened up for business early this year.

Overall the staff was very friendly (not quite common in Ghana hotels) - this includes everyone from bell boy to restaurant staff and check in. The check-in went fast and trouble free.

The superior room had a good size, comfy bed, clean nice bathroom with all the extra stuff you need (and dont need).

Breakfast next day was on level or beyond many European hotels in terms of choices and included.

The hotel has a night club/lounge type bar with loud music serving a wide range of cocktails. It seemed popular with both locals and foreigners. The music could not be heard outside the bar.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Under_many_stars
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I spent 4 nights at this hotel while attending a wedding in Accra. We earlier on checked into another hotel but could not stay more than a night because it was not up to our usual standard.

Right from the time we entered the lobby till we departed, it was a delight. Check in was easy and very informative. We requested for late check out on our departure and it was granted without any fuss. We were even served a welcome drink.

Positives

The Hotel/ Room: New, tastefully finished, well decorated and stylish. Our room was well appointed, very clean, airy and of the standard that you'll find of an upscale 4 star hotel anywhere in the world. The bathroom had all the amenities including bathrobes, slippers, and a bathroom scale amongst other stuff. There was an iron in the room which was very pleasing to me because i always want to do my own ironing myself. We had a bottle of complementary water in the room as well as a choice of quality tea and other beverages. There is a kettle for you to make your own tea/coffee

Location: The hotel is located at the centre of town, at the heart of the business district. It is opposite the National Theatre. You can take a stroll around the hotel easily. The airport is about 20 minutes away and 10 minutes from Osu (the popular area where you can shop, eat, exchange money etc. The KFC at Osu is particularly good!)

Breakfast: Breakfast was great. One of the largest choices of food that you can get; from cold meats to cooked meat, to nuts, fresh fruit, cereal and some local food, you’ll have a filled day. The staffs were responsive and served with a smile.

Business Centre: I was also very impressed with the service that I got from this department. I sent a document for scanning. It was promptly done, returned, I appended my signature and they rescanned for me and sent to my mail box. In this way my business did not suffer while I was on this short holiday.

Service: I cannot commend the service enough. Every staff that we had contact with was genuinely pleasant and ready to serve. Wendy and Abigail at the reception epitomises the service at the hotel

Negatives/ Improvement

None!! The hotel should however speed up the commencement of their in- house shop service. I had to go out to buy some toiletries that I needed urgently

Recommendation: I strongly recommend!!

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view room. Very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank MissMot
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the first time in August, we were supposed to have stayed there for one night but we ended up extending it for another night. We loved it so much that we booked to come back for our last 3 nights in Accra.

The hotel location is fantastic. It is just opposite the National Theatre, the Cal Bank and Accra City Centre is easily accessible by taxis and buses just outside the hotel.

It has very quiet surroundings, you wouldn't think you are in the city centre, the lobby is very welcoming, the decor, the ambience, the space is very nice.

The Front-desk staff are particularly helpful and nice with impeccable manners. What we liked most was the restaurant, the buffet breakfast was very good, with a lot of variety, and very well-spread desserts.
The buffet lunch is a must. It costs about GH 45 cedis but it's well worth it.

The gym is another place to go if you enjoy working out and after that you get a good stretch from the well-trained staff. Again, if you enjoy swimming, their pool is a good place to chill out in the afternoon. They have a good poolside bar as well that I will highly recommend.

The rooms are cozy and comfortable with Spanish style bathrooms and are very clean as well. They supply you with endless bottles of water to keep you hydrated.

I have stayed at various hotels in Europe including the Ritzs of Paris, Marriott Champs-Elysee, Marriott Marquis New York, Marriott Eastside Manhattan, The Ritz Carlton, the Hyatt right down to Golden Tuilip and the Holiday Inn. In my opinion and experience, I will rate the Movenpick Ambassador Accra to the likes of the Ritz Carlton Arts Hotel in Barcelona, A five star hotel in the Olympic village.

All the staff are well-trained, very helpful, polite and very friendly yet they get things done, when and how you want it.

Although there is construction work still going on, don't let this spoil your stay or holiday. On the whole and all in all, it was a very nice place to stay.

However, one negative point is that, there is a smell outside the hotel coming from the drains . This problem needs to be addressed either than that, the hotel experience was very good

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
13  Thank LizLeicester
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We were bowled over by the warmth and friendliness of the staff at this brand new hotel, set in extensive landscaped grounds and conveniently located near the centre of Accra - ideal for either sightseeing or business, with a free shuttle service to and from the airport. The rooms were luxurious with high standards of service, the Sankofa restaurant was first class and all were set off by exquisite African artwork throughout the building (- look out for the huge circular snakeskin rugs on the ground floor and the trio of modern sculptures outside the lifts on each of the upper floors). We did not get round to swimming in the huge outdoor pool but we enjoyed sitting at the poolside bar, where waiters use rollerblades to bring the food and drinks out from the main hotel! A part of the the hotel is still under construction but this did not affect our stay in any way.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Christine F
Reviewed August 17, 2011

A breath of fresh air in Accra. The very friendly atmosphere, large open spaces leading to a massive pool, very comfortable rooms, good internet coverage and a truly great breakfast encouraged me to invite business colleagues for a meal at the Sankofa- I was not let down with a great choice available and good service. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business